General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial. In 2011, GE ranked among the Fortune 500 as the 26th-largest firm in the U.S. by gross revenue, as well as the 14th most profitable. However, the company is listed the fourth-largest in the world among the Forbes Global 2000, further metrics being taken into account. Other rankings for 2011/2012 include No. 7 company for leaders (Fortune), No. 5 best global brand (Interbrand), No. 63 green company (Newsweek), No. 15 most admired company (Fortune), and No. 19 most innovative company (Fast Company).
Job ID: R3717102
Role Summary / Purpose
- By becoming a member of GE Vernova’s Communications team, you will help build the story and engagement around a significant and public company transformation.
- You will work closely with teams from across the world to demonstrate GE Vernova’s progress, performance, and path to growth in a dynamic environment.
- The Africa Communications Specialist will be a key player in developing and executing external and internal communications and reputation management efforts for GE Vernova in an area of the region.
- The successful candidate will support the leadership team on achieving business objectives and growth priorities; partner with the broader GE Vernova Communications teams on strategic initiatives; collaborate closely with various business units and functional teams; and manage a network of PR, event management, and creative agencies.
- The role will report directly to the Middle East & Africa Communications Leader, who will lead the overall strategy for the region.
- Design and deploy regional communications plans with strategies and tactics to support business objectives and growth priorities
- Lead proactive media relations to position GE Vernova as an industry leader in the region, support growth priorities, strengthen reputation, and deepen brand awareness and recognition
- Maintain regional risk heatmaps and develop crisis management plans consistent with GE Vernova guidelines
- Design and ensure execution of internal communications plans that: provide timely information to employees to drive strong connectivity to business strategy; inform, align, and motivate employees to support company plans and priorities; drive employee engagement and productivity; encourage a culture of recognition, best practice sharing, inclusion, and diversity; promote our shared sense of purpose
- Develop briefings to help business leaders effectively inform, engage, motivate, and influence key audiences at external events and internal engagements
- Mine compelling stories and develop editorial and content calendars to: maintain effective share of voice in local/regional tier 1 media; tell our story creatively and impactfully on relevant GE Vernova regional/global social media channels; recognize achievements, share best practices, and keep employees informed and motivated on business priorities
- Lead the design, creation, and/or critical review of various types of content: case studies, videos, podcasts, executive speeches, social media posts, brochures, infographics, etc.
- Explore new channels, methods, and creative opportunities
- Develop and implement regional advertising, brand management, and sponsorship strategies
- Liaise with cross-functional teams across various business units on marcomms, digital marketing, and demand creation campaigns
- Collaborate with the broader GE Vernova Communications team on the ideation and regional implementation of global external and internal campaigns and initiatives
- Support all aspects of company-owned and sponsored events
- Manage external agencies and consultants to define, track progress on, and achieve desired results
- Develop plans in support of the transition of the business in reorganized countries to ensure business continuity, rebuild employee trust and commitment, and manage reputation
- Measure and report on regional communications activities and performance and make recommendations to team based on findings.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Demonstrated experience in communications with specific experience in regional communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and French
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Unyielding commitment to integrity and safety
- Creative thinker, with proven ability to generate innovative ideas
- Proven track record of engaging successfully with external stakeholders and internal leaders
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve challenges
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, manage projects in a fast-paced, complex, uncertain environment, and to remain resilient under pressure
- Team player with humble, positive, and flexible attitude
- Project and agency management experience
- Familiarity with working in matrixed organizations
- Experience in documenting, measuring, and reporting on outcomes to demonstrate program impact
- Experience in and understanding of the energy/power generation sector a bonus but not required
- Experience working in Northwest Africa and/or Sub-Saharan Africa a bonus but not required
- Fluent in Arabic.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now