MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\'s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria. It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\'s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\'elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\'elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
To support the business in understanding and utilizing business intelligence information in order to make informed decisions.
- Translate business requirements into analytics use cases by participating in the development and review of user requirements and or functional specifications that relate to systems implementation and appropriate use.
- Participate in designing and implementation of BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses.
- Participate in the selection, blueprinting, requirements gathering, designing and rolling out BI solutions to end users and continually strive for a unified single version of truth across all business intelligence data used for business decision.
- Provide prompt resolution of BI systems issues related to integration of peripheral systems and ensure high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Ensure that Marketing & Strategy and MTNN business requirements for data and analytics are adhered to.
- Provide and articulate understanding of secondary data sources and knowledge of interoperability of data sources.
- Provide business hands-on training and first level application support on business intelligence applications.
- Ensure the integrity of enterprise data information by ensuring correct business rules are adhered to, product configurations are in line with the existing data structures to support business intelligence practice.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of best practices for data and analytics, business intelligence and technologies to support business intelligence practice.
- Understand the telecoms data architecture landscape to derive value on data assets and support business decisions.
- Assist with the development of products services, strategic technology, gather and analyze data for strategic, operational and tactical decision making.
- Track and document changes project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans and update, prepare, forecast and distribute project status reports to stakeholders.
- Liaise with Information Systems (IS) and other commercial teams to ensure that MTNN requirements are met by the Enterprise Data Warehouse(EDW).
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
3 - 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Working understanding of Big Data platforms, relational databases, data analysis algorithms/techniques/tools
- Understanding of data warehousing, data mining and trend analysis
- Understanding of Project Management Framework
- Ability to use tools such as Power BI, SQL, Python etc.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now