ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- The purpose of this job is for the Business Analyst to find ways to improve process efficiency, reduce waste, identify and implement solutions, meet project deadlines and accurately document the necessary requirements.
- The Business Analyst would continuously deliver value to the Divisions and Departments along the lines of strategy execution, operational efficiency and Business Continuity.
- The role will gather and document business requirements, assist in streamlining processes, research various solutions and work collaboratively with business stakeholders and technical teams to document and implement the solution.
Expected Key Results
Business Requirements Documentation
- Participate in requirements definition sessions with stakeholders to capture business requirements
- Head, BIDA
- Business Analyst
- Utilize all available tools and information sources to elicit requirements, including interviews/meetings, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis
- Evaluate and create business requirements document in sufficient detail to support solution development and or system implementation.
- Develops mockups to test out ideas, then iterates them based on user feedback. Create use cases and other artifacts such as user stories.
- Lead business stakeholders through walkthroughs of requirements to ensure understanding and obtain sign-off.
Process Analysis/Process Re-engineering
- Document ‘as –is’ processes and ‘to-be’ process, applying the knowledge of business process modelling notations to process documentations.
- Lead process discovery, re-engineering, improvement and analysis sessions to identify activities or tasks that are repeatable, inefficient and recommend improvements.
- Facilitate process design and redesign workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with process managers & owners, and implementation teams, using appropriate methodologies
- Recommend process or system changes to resolve issues and avoid growing problems.
- Analyze, develop and implement sustainable and quantifiable improvement plan
Reporting and Data Analysis
- Review process data to determine/ensure that the output of the process are achieving the desired results
- Diagnose process failures, prepare detailed reports and present them to key stakeholders.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information System, Business Management & Other Related courses (2.2/ Upper Credit Minimum)
- Post Graduate degree (MBA, M.Sc., etc.) an added advantage
- Professional Qualification (ECBA, CCBA, CBPP) an added advantage
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Requirements elicitation and gathering, requirements analysis skills
- Business Process Analysis
- Practical knowledge of process modelling, process mapping
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Business Analyst/Business Process Analyst
- Understanding of workflows, processes, and their representation using standard modelling techniques.
- Experience translating business requirements into actionable user stories for development teams
- Strong analytical skills, ability to abstract & systematic approach to problem solving
- Proactive, high sense of responsibility as well as independent and structured way of working
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Listen, Observation, Written, Verbal and Non Verbal.
- Considerable experience in using Microsoft Suites like Microsoft Excel and LibreCalc, Powerpoint, MSword, etc
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Financial Dimensions:
- Budget: Not Required
- PO Approval: Not Required
- No. of vendors: Engagement of 3rd parties when it is absolutely necessary
- No. of direct reports: None for now Impact of position
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now