The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries. Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D). We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades.
- Conduct interview for institutional and official functions.
- Assist with content creation for TikTok videos for uploads on IITA-TV YouTube channel.
- Generate and write stories for the institutional newsletters (bulletin and Talking Drums).
- Assist in covering stories related to crop breeding.
- Provide communication backstopping for exhibitions, events and institutional activities.
- Assist with content generation for IITA website.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- HND/BSc in Mass Communication, English Language or related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- Have excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Have excellent interview skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now