Wakanow.com is Nigeria’s first and leading online travel company that provides customers with everything they need to research, plan and purchase a trip locally and globally. Wakanow.com offers travelers the cheapest available fares for flights, hotel reservations, airport pickups, visa assistance, vacation packages and many other travel services from a broad selection of partners. Established in 2008, Wakanow was founded as Nigeria’s first online travel company to bridge the gap and inefficiencies in Nigeria’s online travel space. Though it launched in 2008, the site fully took off around the period of the last World Cup in South Africa, affording it much needed early kick-off momentum. It has since grown to become the 5th Fastest Growing Company in Nigeria. This was awarded to them at the Nigeria50 Awards organized by All World Network in partnership with the Tony Elumelu foundation.
Purpose of Job:
The Data Analyst is responsible for identifying business trends and changes through advanced Big Data Analytics and using a variety of techniques to interpret results from multiple data sources through statistical analysis, data aggregation, and data mining.
- Undertaking data collection, pre-processing and analysis
- Building models to address business problems
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Responsible for cleansing of large unstructured data and enabling analytical capability in order to query the data and address various business needs.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Education/ Professional Qualification:
- Bachelors’ degree or minimum relevant degree
- Masters degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Knowledge of Google Functions, Google Big Query, Google Cloud Storage, Stitch Data.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now