Inspire Community Network Foundation is a registered non-governmental organisation committed to empowering local youth to drive positive change within their communities. Our core belief is that an empowered youth is the cornerstone of an empowered community. Through rigorous training, collaborative project design, and a focus on sustainability, we equip young leaders with the tools and knowledge they need to identify and address pressing community issues at their roots.
- ICON is looking to bring on a Director of Research and Data Analysis to help advance our research agenda focused on advancing evidence and action to drive social impact.
- The Director, Research and Data Analysis is responsible for developing and executing multi-thematic research and data analysis activities of ICON Community Development (CD) and Arts and Culture (AC) programs.
- The successful candidate will have a deep fluency in sector-based research with a demonstrated effectiveness in designing and delivering research products that advance program design and delivery, resource collection and sharing.
- The Director will have experience with both mixed-methods research and community-based initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conceptualize and oversee development (research questions and design methodologies) and execution of original quantitative and qualitative research projects (internal and external) to advance ICON’s strategic plan.
- Assess research needs and opportunities that advance the interests of ICON communities and deliver research products that enhance program delivery in Economic Development, Education, Advocacy and Arts and Culture.
- Build and manage strategic research partnerships that advance organizational aims.
- Create effective research education, engagement, and entrepreneurial dissemination strategies that appeal to diverse stakeholders and propel action (data to action).
- Present to/engage with external audiences on sector issues, trends, opportunities to build a sustainable and inclusive communities.
- Lead national community engagement and participatory action research conversations
- Center equity principles when engaging practitioners and communities and co- creating measurement, learning, and evaluation tools throughout all project phases
- Elevates and centers the values, voices, and experiences of those most impacted by research and program work.
- Provide resource, case studies and other required materials for proposal development, program design and implementation and sustainability plans.
- Identifies and analyzes how institutional, systemic, structural, or historical factors contribute to disparities and examines strategies to improve outcomes of historically marginalized communities.
- Ensure ICON meets its strategic goals in research as articulated in the mission and strategic framework.
- Assists in proposal writing, fund development, and developing an internal project evaluation structure.
- Conducts participatory action research (PAR)
- Trains partners in PAR methods and practices
- Collects data and other documentation of internal and external projects and creates reports for the board of directors, funders, and other partners.
- Participates in collaborative activities and projects, including public events, workshops, and trainings.
- Lead and manage research teams, which may include community volunteers, interns, fellows, and community partner groups.
- Establish and retains a variety of research partnerships with external agencies.
- Manage multiple contracts at once for research projects, including earned income and fees for service agreements, grants, and other research partnership-related contracts.
- Create and builds on PAR training curricula based on best practices in research, community engagement, and partnerships.
- Maintain partnerships with various constituents, including funders, nonprofit leadership, community members, and others.
- Responsible for recruiting research participants, conducting interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Supervise community volunteers and interns as needed
- Compile and analyze data and background research.
- Produce literature reviews, conducting fieldwork (such as interviews), managing data, and using programs for data processing and analysis
- Produce tables, charts, and maps.
- Contribute to and/or edit various publications for different audiences, including research reports, briefs, blogs, and other deliverables.
- Analyze data and identify actionable insights and develop materials such as publications, slide decks, and blog posts to communicate insights to board of directors, donors and stakeholders.
- Work on administrative tasks such as tracking project timelines, project reporting, taking and summarizing meeting minutes, and other tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with equivalent experience, preferably in the field of nonprofit management, social sector leadership, public policy, social work, sociology, data science, mathematics, statistics, or related disciplines, and possess 3-6 years of work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to conduct library and internet research quickly and with strong critical thinking analysis.
- High level of organization and motivation, creativity, and self-confidence; we seek individuals who can work effectively, independently, and simultaneously on multiple projects
- Outcome-driven focus with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- Proficiency with publication, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics software.
- Experience conducting research cleaning and analysis tasks using statistical software
- Write and publicize in-depth analytical research reports, briefing papers, letters, news releases, op-eds, and/or submissions.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
- This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
- Salary is a monthly N130,00-N150,000 commensurate with experience
- Irregular evening and weekend work hours; flexibility with work schedule
- Primarily local and inter-state travel during business hours, although some regional and overnight travel may occur.
- Benefits are generous, including paid employee health and dental insurance (some employee contribution required); voluntary vision and retirement plans are also available.
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal days, and holidays.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now