Medecins Du Monde - For more than 30 years, Medecins Du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
Under the direct supervision of the Accountability officer, the Enumerators will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Responsible for collecting high-quality data, using an electronic data collection tool designed by Médecins du Monde
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data.
- Interpret interview questions to assist respondents in understanding them and providing eloquent answers
- Double-check information on survey forms or information pads to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Engage in data entry in cases where paper base options are used.
- Participate in less than or half-day debrief sessions to share field experiences about the community and the entire data collection process.
- Comply with quality and research ethics requirements during field works (this includes data protection and information confidentiality of respondents or target project participants)
- Conduct key in-depth interviews (KII and FGDs) in the assigned communities
- Share field notes and recordings as they are available with the MDM Research/MEAL team.
- Transcribe audio recordings of interviews (assigned).
- Participate in After Action Review at the end of the data collection exercise.
- Participate in daily debrief sessions with Research team lead, to present findings and make input.
- Follow MDM policies regarding information and data management and protection of project participants.
- Participate in initial training sessions.
- Enumerator must have an android phone/tablet installed with android 4.0 software.
- Informing the MEAL team of any misinformation/lack of information, complaints, or additional feedback from project participants.
- Work closely with the supervising MEAL staff officer to administer the total number of forms required for the assessment according to participant list.
- Enumerators are expected to always be respectful of the community and community leadership and membership.
CANDIDATE PROFILE REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
- Educational qualification minimum of National Diploma or NCE.
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in Northeast Nigeria.
- Experience working in selected communities and a good understanding of the local dialects is preferred (Hausa and Kanuri) i.e., reading and writing clear and concise note.
- Experience using mobile data collection tools (ODK, ONA and COMMCARE) and analysis using participatory methodology with basic ICT skills.
- Able to adapt within a work environment containing individuals of multiple and various cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational backgrounds.
- Possess a degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- NGO and organizational experience - aware of and adhere to the general rules and regulations of MDM.
- Additionally, to be eligible to apply, an individual must possess a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and bank account.
- Good resistance to stress and workload. Candidates must be resident in the underlisted LGAs and be willing to go to the small communities to carry out the exercise.
- Ability to work under pressure and demanding circumstances alone or within a team.
- Because enumerators are to be recruited from these specific small towns, they will be responsible for their transportation and accommodation in the town they chose for the exercise.
- High regard for cultural norms and traditions.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skill, respect, patience and good leadership skills.
- Interview summaries/notes
- Pictures from field engagements
- Audio files (where applicable)
- Complete survey form (as per targets).
- Uploaded forms based on targets where applicable
- Establish good relationships with the different stakeholders to have a smooth implementation of MDM project.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now