EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening staff's skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Every piece of data gathered and compiled for the IHA Nutrition implementation programs is within the responsibility of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer. Maintains constant communication with field personnel to oversee data gathering and guarantee its correctness and timeliness. Additionally, in collaboration with the Field assistants, Nutrition officer, and community Nutrition Mobilizers, the MEAL will contribute to partner reports. As required, will support the M&E coordinator with the other program reports.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for tracking the implementation of quality improvement measures and monitoring activity progress. The M&E officer will collaborate with the M&E coordinator to design and implement program evaluation tools for monitoring activities, to ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the timely achievement of its intended outputs.
The MEAL Officer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
Data Collection, Data Analysis, and Monitoring
- Collecting standard data for all activities and maintaining an updated database
- Cleaning and compiling all IHA facility and community-level data
- Ensuring the quality of the data by random verification, validation, and triangulation
- Ensuring all relevant data is captured on 5Ws Template
- Providing additional analysis of data and information on different variables when needed.
- Assisting in the development of Nutrition MEAL standard operating procedures
- Do regular audits of data quality and look at the quality of the data collected to make sure there are no outliers.
- Setting monthly targets to be met by the field staff and monitoring the outcomes at the end of the month
- Liaising with relevant EYN staff to ensure regular and timely information flow and sharing
- Sharing and presenting MEAL findings to relevant program staff and putting together data to help guide program activities and decisions.
- Developing a project monitoring plan for the project
- As required, prepare monthly and/or bimonthly reports with the program department.
- Providing complete and detailed feedback to the field on data issues and how to resolve such challenges.
- Support the design of a complete reporting system while collaborating with staff to ensure information format consistency and compatibility.
Assessments, Evaluation, and Learning
- Participating in the implementation of surveys or studies alongside program personnel or external consultants in analysing data.
- Involving all parties in creating monitoring and evaluation guidelines and tools as directed by consultation with the MEAL Coordinator.
- Documenting program progress, including lessons learned and success stories
- Sharing learning from the M&E process with the wider team.
- Support developing proposals (particularly objectives, outputs, and indicators) and project targets as needed.
- Assisting in training field staff on M&E tools.
- "Promote the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)" in EYN Projects and among the people they help.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Information Management/technology, Public Health, International Development, Public Policy, or related field.
- The candidate should have at least two (2) years of experience in data collection, management, and analysis. Experience working with an NGO or an implementation organization is preferable.
- Ability to develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Ability and readiness to take the initiative in identifying problems and suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Experience in Nutrition Implementation
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in the community of implementation.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Proven capacity for management and leadership.
- Excellent command of communication in English and Hausa
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian humanitarian context.
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, statistical and analysis tools)
- Well-developed computer skills
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now