Chemonics International is founded in Washington, D.C., by the companyï¿½s first president, Thurston F. Teele. Its mission, then and now, is to promote meaningful change around the world, helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistant will support the MEL Advisor in ensuring accurate and timely data collection for performed project activities, through following established procedures and ensure common understanding for technical teams and project grantees and subcontractors.
- In coordination with the MEL Advisor, the MEL Assistant will also be responsible for preparing reports for internal project review and client reporting on MEL Plan.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) to support establishment of procedures of data collection to ensure timely reporting.
- In cooperation with MEL Advisor, provide consultations/clarifications to technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) on data requirements under USG-funded programs.
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure compliance with internal project procedures with regard to reporting related to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
- Maintain records on indicators, including lists of participants and agendas (only for events accounted under indicators).
- Supporting the MEL Advisor in responding to requests from project staff, Chemonics, or USAID.
- Support the safe storage of data and upload to USAID DIS.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in mathematics, data analysis, economics or related field required.
- Minimum two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners, and partners.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with report writing and editing.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now