The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries. Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D). We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades.
- Install, configure, and support database management systems (Oracle & SQL databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Day to day activities for ERP and/or Database including but not limited to creating, cloning, patching, code migration, performance tuning, capacity planning, database monitoring, administration, user management, backup/recovery management, SR management, monitoring applications and its services, documentation
- Install, Upgrade, Configure, Clone, Patching & Managing of Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.7
- Responsible for EBS System Administration - User/Role Management, Responsibilities Management, Concurrent Manager/Requests Management.
- Act as liaison to Oracle ERP and other internal applications teams.
- Ensure and maintain highly available databases.
- Take responsibility for database performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical support.
- Experience in Oracle RAC, DR Setups, DataGuard, RMAN, load balancers and Fine-tunning Weblogic.
- Experience in hang analyzer, system state dump, SQL tuning, AWR analysis and Trace analysis.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Maintain documentation and contribute to the ongoing development of new standards.
- Ensure proper disaster recovery procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Responsible for contribution and adherence to standards that ensure the integrity and security of the enterprise's data resources.
- Ensure compliance with IITA Oracle license agreement.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to others in areas of expertise.
- Oracle EBS R12 modules user support (Finance & Supply chain, iExpense)
- Hands on experience in Oracle Cloud environment will be an added advantage.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering or related field with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience configuring and maintaining Oracle Dataguard/RAC/RMAN
- Have MS SQL Server database administration experience.
- Have Oracle DBA, Apps DBA or other relevant certification.
- Have organizational and documentation skills.
- Have experience supporting critical systems especially Oracle EBS R12.7.
- Have sound troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Have experience working with remote teams and ability to communicate effectively.
- Have experience supporting EBS financials and Supply chain Modules SCM.
- Have experience supporting Oracle cloud and ERP cloud applications.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now