Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in Nigeria. Our staff includes expert in health, Education, Social works, youth, Civil Society and research. Our LOCATE project; a CDC/PEPFAR HIV prevention, care and treatment program is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position: CLINICAL CARE SPECIALIST [Imo State] Overall Job Function: This position provides technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working with organization clinicians and health facility- based site teams to implement care and antiretroviral treatment services.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Officer MEL/SI, S/he will assist in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for the state offices.
- Ensure data availability for planning and implementing Recency, Mortality and Case-based Surveillance in the state.
- Participate in generating, analyzing and visualization of Surveillance program performance report and dissemination to the team.
- Will work with others in the state office and implementing partners to assist in ensuring that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Will assist in providing leadership to the field level M&E program, provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements, provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensure that locally employed monitoring and evaluation staff, consultants and ECEWS partners understand and can support these requirements.
- Assist the state office’s reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required, work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Will assist the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools, conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for global health initiatives including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for global health initiatives including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research and in conducting survey and/or sampling.
- Strong knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database packages (Excel), in statistical software such as SPSS and GIS tools (Arc View, Arc Info, etc.).
- Experience in use of mobile technology (SMS, SMART, etc. and in the design or management of a Monitoring Database could be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now