One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer specializing in backend integration at One Acre Fund, you will be an important member of our Middleware Engineering Team. Your primary focus will craft backend solutions crucial to our field operations, specifically dealing with system integrations in an event-driven manner to ensure seamless data communication across different platforms
- Promote the development of APIs that facilitate real-time access to inventory data, stock levels, and other crucial information across our rural retail shops and warehouses.
- Implement and oversee real-time synchronization solutions to ensure seamless data communication between our Odoo-managed retail operations and SAP-managed warehouse systems.
Integration and Event-Driven Architecture:
- Engage in the development of event-driven architectures.
- Produce and consume events to ensure scalable system integrations.
- Collaborate within an agile team of dedicated developers to ensure seamless progression of projects.
- Participate in the Agile team's lifecycle, including sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
Optimization and Scalability:
- Collaborate on optimizing our backend infrastructure to ensure it’s scalable, efficient, and able to handle concurrency challenges.
Knowledge Sharing and Mentorship:
- Share knowledge, hone skills, suggest innovations, and provide mentorship to junior members to contribute to departmental growth.
- Independently work on projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work meeting organizational standards.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6 years in Software Development with a focus on backend integration and middleware engineering.
- Excellent proficiency in C# .Net
- Proficiency in one or more of tech stacks including OpenFaaS, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis and Node.js.
- Emphasis on API design, system synchronization, real-time event-driven architecture, and distributed transactions.
- An orientation towards testing and automation to ensure the robustness of system integrations.
- Experience working in Agile environments with a thoughtful understanding of Agile principles and practices.
- Handle scaling challenges, ensure system resiliency, and work on traceability of distributed transactions.
- Capability to work independently on projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now