Smarter Payment for Everyone, Anywhere ï¿½ comment. Drive Sales. Grow Your Business ï¿½ comment Reach More Customers ï¿½ comment Sell Faster on Your Social Platforms
Job Description Overview
- We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Engineering Manager to join our team. The Engineer will act as a co-lead and will be responsible for designing and developing new features, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing tools.
- The Software Engineering Manager will play an integral part in the project life cycle and work closely with team members from the initial concept to final release.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our products and systems, but you will also be managing a team of engineers, growing and empowering them to accomplish great things, and ensuring that best practices, standards, and processes are adhered to.
- Deliver products and platforms, and lead technological initiatives for building competitive advantages in products and platforms. Keep up to date with trends and innovation in engineering and shape company technology strategy in alignment with business strategy.
- Direct strategic technology capability investment to build future company growth engine and competitive advantage including attracting and grow top engineering talents in the region and to sustain learning and knowledge sharing culture in the organization
- Undertake software design and development activities as part of a project team
- Provide expert technical guidance and mentoring to staff
- Review work to ensure completion criteria are met
- Undertake tasks within agreed time-frame
- Assist in assessing the performance of staff that have undertaken activities under your direct supervision
- Collaborate with Product, Design, QA and DevOps team on continuous integration and delivery as well as automated and manual testing to ensure good quality solutions are delivered
- Participate in an agile delivery process, research and recommend new solutions
Technical Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another technical discipline
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated industry experience in the development of software systems and components.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing enterprise java applications using Spring.
- Proven experience building enterprise solutions with Java 8, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Hands on experience with relational and NoSQL databases - MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience developing restful APIs, MicroServices and other distributed systems.
- Expertise in using java build systems and DevOps tools - Maven, Gradle and Docker.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests for large scale projects.
- Experience working with React and Java EE application containers – Wildfly.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with payment systems
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure
Who you are
- Excellent People Skills- Incredibly friendly & happy. People love to be around you because you have such positive vibes.
- Technical Background. Can comfortably communicate with software developers about code and/or create code samples and demo apps that enable developer users. Extend tutorials developed in certain frameworks to other relevant frameworks.
- Attention to detail- Organized and diligent with reports. Ready to learn skills that will benefit you for the rest of your life, personally & professionally navigate a conversation
- An interest in Fintech & Payments: You must be interested on how payment powers commerce in a soon to be Unicorn of great value.
- Big Picture Thinker: Havea strong vision for where the industry is going , and stay on top of new technologies, stacks, build proof-of-concept prototypes to try out new ideas or stitch together end-to-end solutions.
- Coachability: Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly improve in a “noegos” environment
- Emotional Intelligence: Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs.
- Salary: Highly competitive within the industry
- Work mode: Hybrid
- Benefit: HMO, Annual leave and leave allowance, Personal Development allowance and 13th Month
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now