CrossBoundary provides investment and economic development advisory services in frontier markets and conflict zones. CrossBoundary’s team draws on a wide and deep range of experience across frontier markets, within both private and public sectors. We take a transaction centered approach to frontier markets. CrossBoundary provides investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unlocking investment across all sectors in fragile and frontier markets. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions.
- CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Analyst to join the Investment Advisory team in Lagos, Nigeria. As a member of the transaction team, you will be working on impactful transactions across Anglophone West Africa, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in the region.
- As an Analyst, you will be tasked with evaluating investment opportunities, conducting macroeconomic market assessments, and providing transaction support to both investors and capital seekers. Analyst candidates should have 1-3 years of experience working in high-calibre finance or consulting organizations and experience working in developing countries – ideally in Nigeria. Expertise in project finance, renewable energy, agriculture, healthcare, creative industries and gender-lens investments will be regarded favourably.
Who We Are
- The CrossBoundary team is a unique group of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the world's most challenging yet exciting markets. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Prepare investor documents including teasers, investment memoranda, business plans etc.
- Conduct research and market assessments - macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments of relevant companies, industries, markets and topics
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Lead identification of qualified investors
- Manage investor relationships
- Develop valuation and operational financial models
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction execution
- Support with Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Support organization of conferences and other networking events
- Strong quantitative skills and finance background; familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes challenging environment
- Knowledge of the West African investment landscape (or previous work experience in West Africa)
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high-impact sectors
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now