Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to employ a Backend developer with adequate experience in Back-end programming.
- The Backend developer will work closely with the National OVC Management Information System development team to develop server-side logic, maintenance, and definition of the databases while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end.
- He/She will be responsible for, among others, building services using Java and Spring Boot, working within a Linux environment, deploying and managing services on both AWS and Microsoft Azure, and using Postgres to interact with relational data.
- The Backend developer will report to the Senior Developer.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the development, implementation, deployment, and integration of the suite of solutions, ensuring successful delivery, high quality, and sustainability of project solutions.
- Support the development and implementation of technical strategies and solution architectures and design of the project’s suite of technologies.
- Design and develop REST-based web services utilizing Java Spring Boot.
- Participate in developing web-based high-capacity information systems for cloud and local environments.
- Support evaluation of existing systems and maintain detailed technical documentation for all products developed, including system design documents, data dictionaries, and database design.
- Build and maintain test and evaluation environments as required.
- Design and execute performance and security tests and produce reports on these systems as appropriate.
- Apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise-level solutions as needed.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Implement unit tests as needed.
- Automate/script common developer tasks and continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Engage in code review and feedback process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3 years of experience developing and implementing digital tools relating to technology and data solutions in a data-driven environment.
- Familiarity with programming languages/back-end web frameworks for rapid development, such as Java, Express.js (Node.js), Django (Python), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), or Laravel (PHP). Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, and Hibernate.
- Relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar applications.
- Conducting unit testing, integration testing, and debugging back-end code for quality assurance.
- Experience securing the back end, including authentication and authorization, data encryption, and best practices for preventing common vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with microservices-based application architecture.
- Knowledge of standards for systems integration, such as REST, OAUTH2, and OIDC.
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Experience in health or social protection programs will be an added advantage.
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now