Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country and the 7th most populous country in the world with over 175 million people. Nigeria has continued to grow, urbanize, and modernize and it is projected that at its current growth rate, it will reach a population of about 450 million people by 2050 and will be the 3rd most populous country in the world. However, Nigeria also stands at number '2’ in the world for number of people living with HIV-with about 3.3 million infected. At present, 45% of the entire population is younger than 18 years old, which has serious and important implications for Nigeria’s population growth. One can postulate that in the next ten years, almost half of Nigeria’s population will be reaching reproductive age. At the moment, approximately 45 million Nigerian women are of reproductive age and maternal mortality rates are high at 630 deaths/100,000 live births and neonatal mortality rate at 39 deaths/1000 births. Furthermore, 20% of Nigerian women report an unmet need for family planning and total fertility rate is high at 5.7 children per woman. Nigeria currently has a contraceptive prevalence rate (CPR) of 17.5% CPR but Nigeria’s Minister of Health has made reaching 36% contraceptive prevalence rate by 2018, a national goal. DKT Nigeria will contribute to reaching that goal by providing a variety of contraceptive options such as condoms, IUDs, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, injectables and implants, using innovative marketing. In addition, DKT will target adolescents with youth-friendly reproductive services by branding and promoting products that will take into play the multi-cultural character of Nigeria, and through advertising especially via modern market advertising like social media. DKT will help Nigeria realize its female reproductive health goals by providing effective, safe, affordable and quality contraceptive products aimed at reducing misconceptions about birth control, increasing HIV prevention awareness and confronting HIV transmission, increasing contraceptive options, ease of choice and accessibility through innovative marketing strategies and wide distribution across the country. DKT will distribute these products using a social marketing approach, which leverages the private and public sectors, targets the urban and rural communities and promotes open communication and re-education about family planning, sex, and birth control. In 2014, DKT Nigeria sold over 16 million condoms, more than 60,000 IUDs, and became one of the first programs globally to offer Sayana Press injectable contraceptives, selling 18,900. This translates into 871,927 couple years of protection.
- Developing brand plans/strategies for the product range along with market penetration strategy, market research, competitor analysis and consumer insights.
- Development of product brochures and other pharma promotional marketing materials aimed at healthcare providers and consumers.
- Provide training, product knowledge, direction to the field sales team on all product aspects and on the correct and effective use of all marketing materials.
- Develop strategies, marketing and sales plans, and promotional mix to meet product category objectives vis-à-vis healthcare providers and customer needs.
- Deliver unique value product category propositions and business intelligence based on customer demand.
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities.
- Monitor business performance and external environment to meet business objectives.
- SWOT analysis of product line (strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats) and guiding sales team to tap the opportunities and growth in the product sale.
- Product forecasting, new product pipeline strategy, new product pre-launch, and launch strategy and post-launch, new initiatives for product growth strategy.
- At least three years of relevant working experience as a brand manager preferably in pharmaceutical or cosmetics industry.
- University degree in a related field (Health Sciences): Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pharmaceutics, Biology, Nursing.
- Highly creative and analytical with ability to think out of the box.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Sales management and leadership skills.
- Market research and intelligence to tap competitor analysis.
- Advanced presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and liaise with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now