Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in Nigeria. Our staff includes expert in health, Education, Social works, youth, Civil Society and research. Our LOCATE project; a CDC/PEPFAR HIV prevention, care and treatment program is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position: CLINICAL CARE SPECIALIST [Imo State] Overall Job Function: This position provides technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working with organization clinicians and health facility- based site teams to implement care and antiretroviral treatment services.
- The Communications Specialist will manage all ECEWS internal and external communications of SPEED projects, other projects and represent the project to external audiences.
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies for the organization.
- Support maintenance of social media platforms, databases, and knowledge management systems
- Provide support towards content development for ECEWS SPEED; Assist in the production of day-to-day content across all ECEWS communications platforms, focusing on the newsletter and digital content, website articles, blogs, press releases and updates and content for social media.
- In coordination with all ECEWS projects, develop regular communication material highlighting SPEED activities and achievements and/or engagements.
- Assist in rolling out media events such as press conferences/media briefings, external interviews with media houses, campaigns, etc.
- Draft, translate and disseminate media products (media advisories, press releases, brief notes, etc.).
- Development of communication materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the SPEED project management team and ECEWS Senior leadership.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention and maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Take part in communication activities including information campaigns where applicable (World AIDS Day, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Program teams, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt.
- Assist in implementing social media strategy and campaign, including content development, dialogue monitoring as well as feedback collection.
- Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
- Content development and design of high-quality Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, factsheets, and other publications.
- Deliver creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Minimum of a BA / MA / MSc in Communications, or Business Computing, with Public Health Bias
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with a local or International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with strategic communication on HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Brand management and ability to create new ideas, products, including creative contributions.
- Exceptional creative and adaptive writing skills that cut across writing and review of program reports, success stories, advocacy briefs and preparation of scene setters.
- Design and graphics skill and ability to represent program results with graphics, messaging to diverse audiences, identification of the best-suited communication channels based on the target audience, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Ability to work in a team under tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Very good mastery of English. The ability to understand and communicate in Yoruba, Igbo and Ibibio will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional public speaking and writing skills.
- Expected to be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Should be able to write, compile publications, plan events and prepare advocacy briefs.
- Responsible for developing quality and visually appealing presentations, content management for the ECEWS website and Social Media channels, communication materials through graphic design and web optimization solutions.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now