The Elevation Church has been set up by God to develop its members as witnesses of Christ to the general public while empowering them to not only achieve the highest levels of distinction and greatness in life but to work actively with the church to establish community development initiatives to set other individuals on their own paths to greatness.
- Provide a summary of the role, what success in the position looks like, and how this role fits into the organization overall.
- Implement agreed communication strategies to enhance the reputation of TEC.
- Manage TEC’s email communications and SMS platforms across all expressions. Implement best practices for effective email marketing and advertising.
- Review internal and external communications with a view to ensure accuracy, good language and brand consistency. This includes, but is not limited to books, devotionals, magazines, online platforms, publicity materials etc.
- Produce content for distribution through several information channels and platforms. Content could be gathered through several mechanisms.
- Undertake copywriting for church communications.
- Write press releases and other journalistic materials.
- Develop engaging stories for use across at TEC expressions or media platforms where required, with a view to building audience across all expressions and platforms.
- Implement the publicity strategy of the church. Ensure that all publicity media and materials are properly produced, maintained, and updated with current information.
- Work with Senior Communications Officer to monitor and enhance the overall image of TEC.
- Serve as first contact and knowledge base internally and externally regarding all communication issues.
- Attend relevant external events to provide media support and in-house coverage of the events.
- Facilitate press events (physical, on radio, TV, or the Internet) where and when required.
- Work with Digital media manager to ensure that communication content is optimized for search engines.
- Support development of TEC materials.
- Maintain extensive and positive relationships with national and international media.
- First degree in from a reputable university.
- Preferably 3 years’ experience in communications and media management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with a high-performance team in a communications/publicity capacity
- Experience working with production, social media, communications, or publicity management teams
- Proven writing and editing skills. Writing skills include screen writing, editorial writing, writing press releases etc.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong relationship management skills.
- A dedicated Christian, positive attitude, self-starter, assertive, committed to excellence, and feels a calling to help fulfil the church’s mission
- Professional and positive approach, team player
- Willingness to go the extra mile
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now