MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
- This function is responsible for the planning and design of all MDXI Data Centers and associated facilities, ensuring all DC and allied digital infrastructure meet global quality standards in the most cost effective and environmentally sustainable way. The data center projects include new constructions, phased expansions, retrofits and upgrades, acquisition conversions, mechanical and electrical equipment selections, and standards upgrades in either a specific region or globally.
- The DCPD Manager is a high performing Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or architect with demonstrated capability to think and make decisions across disciplines. In addition, he/she will manage the team that provides design solutions for customers with specialised Data Center requirements or outdoor colocation services. The DCPD Manager will interact with the Project Management & Implementation team, the Data Center Operations Team, Technical Solutions & Bids team, in addition to the other support functions across the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the design life cycle of all aspects of the Data Center infrastructure including but not limited to location, space, power, cooling, monitoring, UPS, etc,
- Generates project visualization, initial model using reference design templates and cost estimate for business case inception.
- Manage design process from start to finish, engaging with consultants, vendors, suppliers, OEMs and all internal stakeholders for timely delivery of designs, drawings and tender documents.
- Work closely with the Head, Project Management & Implementation in all areas of Project Planning, Quality Assurance and Procurement Management, ensuring all aspects of the projects are implemented as planned.
- Work closely with the Data Center Operations Manager (DCOM), taking feedback from Operations of existing infrastructure into the planning of new ones.
- Work with the Bids team on hyper-scalers customer bid responses and designing bespoke solutions that meet customers need and expectations.
- Monitor the design and construction process ensuring compliance with approved scope of work and all technical and HSE specifications, standards and environmental compliance and regulations.
- Develop processes and work standards required for design and implementation of Data Centers and customer infrastructure solutions.
- Plan the budgets for all Data Center allied infrastructure builds in line with the strategic plan and approved CAPEX budget, ensuring all designs are in line with approved budget
- Monitor and administer the relevant contracts and agreements for each project, ensuring fair and equitable deals on all DC projects.
- Make recommendations on alternative sourcing for quality materials and equipment in line with approved designs.
- Prepare reports and presentations on all DC designs and solutions to the GM Capital Projects, CEO and executive management as may be required.
- Stays up-to-date with advancements in design to ensure technologies support future data center design and construction needs and feeds back information for incorporation of changes
- Reviews designs so that they meet global design standards and the business needs for capacity, density, and function, escalating any issues as necessary
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A First degree in Engineering with a Master’s degree in Engineering or Project Management with Data Center design certifications issued by an international institute or organisations
- Good understanding and proven experience of Data Center and other digital Infrastructure designs, specifications, and certifications
- Excellent Project Management skills
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience, five (5) of which must have been in core Data Center or Digital Infrastructure designs, specifications and implementation.
- Excellent engineering and other skills such as planning & organization, budgeting, policy design and development, process improvement, negotiation and strategic planning are also required.
- Good communication and presentation skills
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now