Korapay is the marketplace for everything payments. We allow businesses and institutions to scale faster by providing them with a robust and powerful core payment engine that eliminates the complications associated with simple and bulk transactions. With our payment solutions, you can easily accept or send payments.
About the Role
We’re looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to join the team responsible for Kora’s data infrastructure and AI strategy to optimize and automate processes, identify and maximize growth opportunities, drive a data-driven culture across board as well as innovate and build AI products.
As a member of the AI and Data team at Kora, you will work with cross-functional teams to understand current processes, identify opportunities to solve problems, develop custom tools, algorithms, and models, build custom solutions to optimize deployment workflows and develop solutions to business problems through data engineering.
The role demands that you are exceptional at problem-solving, able to structure the efficient generation and management of data (including big data), capable of extracting valuable insights and coding to automate the extraction of the insights, make predictions, and recommend for decision and action.
Being a tech company that values innovation, competence is also required in designing custom-made solutions from data to aid Kora in achieving her unique objectives and goals.
What You’ll be Doing
As a tech and data-driven company, we enable our people and teams to take responsibility and initiatives to identify areas of improvements and solve problems sustainably. The following, therefore, represents what you will be doing:
- Understanding Kora’s objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, in a way they can be measured and tracked.
- Collaborating with other teams (such as the engineering and product development teams) to extract value from Kora’s data and create data infrastructure to realize the goals of Kora in the smartest possible way.
- Identifying valuable data sources, automating data collection processes, establishing new systems and processes, and looking for opportunities to improve the flow of data.
- Coordinating the data acquisition process, verifying data quality, and finding available datasets that could be used for insights and training.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constantly tracking their performance.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives to build data systems and pipelines.
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition to realize the overall goals and objectives of Kora.
- Combine raw data and information from required sources, analyze and organize them as well as interpret trends and patterns.
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build analytical tools, programs, algorithms and prototypes necessary to achieve Kora’s goals.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Documenting data processes.
- Ensuring that data to generate accurate recommendations and predictability for data-driven operations are engineered.
- Harnessing Kora’s data (structured and unstructured), preprocessing them, and turning them into useful information, tools, and insights.
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques.
- Keeping abreast of developments in data engineering and continuously researching to ascertain the quality of output and outcomes.
What You’ll Need
You’re qualified if you are/have:
- 3+ years of experience developing custom solutions to optimize deployment workflows and develop solutions to business problems.
- A portfolio featuring your works, especially showing solutions that are live and already in use.
- An out-of-the-box thinker and enjoy thinking up new ways to disrupt the status quo.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional user and customer experience.
- A passion for listening and learning from teams, operations, and users of our products.
- Data-driven in your approach and can serve as a data champion and leader.
- The ability to take responsibility for the data architecture, infrastructure and development process as well as work as a self-directed member of the team.
- Exceptionally-driven and autonomous with a self-starter mindset and deep enjoyment of collaboration.
- A systems thinker: we're building a full payment ecosystem.
- Great attention to detail.
- Great in the effective use of tools and softwares (including tableau, python, numPY, jupyter, MySQL, tools for modeling, etc.)
- Someone who frequently loves to and can speak fluently in data as well as dig deep to explore and see patterns.
- Finally, you bring positive energy, are comfortable with change, and can manage your own workload effectively.
Some nice to haves:
- Experience in data science and data analysis is a big advantage.
- B.Sc in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Data Science or relevant field.
- A portfolio of relevant projects and works done in terms of business problems solved using data engineering and data science. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving the specific problems. This is required for consideration.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now