MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\'s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria. It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\'s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\'elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\'elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
- The role involves designing, coding, testing, and maintaining software applications. Collaborating with a team of programmers and other stakeholders, software developers translate user requirements into functional code, ensuring the creation of efficient, reliable, and user-friendly software solutions.
- Develop designs that support the functional requirements of business application projects and include conceptual, high-level, and detailed design specifications for the build, implementation, and support of these business solutions.
- Complete analysis of and acquire a detailed understanding of the testing requirements for a given design and prepare a testing strategy.
- Assess the implications of a given design's current and future support model and prepare an implementation and transition plan.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of the systems design team and communicate all business process changes to them, highlighting the implications for design.
- Manage workflow processes, document weekly reports per functional area, and provide input to monitor and execute URS.
- Monitor IS development and trends.
- Develop an understanding and lay out a plan for the system's performance and capacity requirements, standards, and criteria to satisfy the customer's business requirements for the solution.
- Liaise with vendors and the business team for pilot execution and proof of concept.
- Complete an analysis of the customer's business requirements as it relates to technical infrastructure design and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Oracle, IBM, or AWS Developer Certification
- 3–7 years of experience, which includes
- 3 years of development experience
- 3 years of experience building frontend and backend systems
- 3 years of experience in integration with SQL and noSQL databases and API consumption
- 3 years of writing microservices
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now