AppZone is a response to the growing need in emerging markets for financial services accessibility to the masses. The company was formed with a genuine belief in Africa’s latent ability to support the home grown production and delivery of world class IT Software for the enhancement of key sectors of the budding economy. AppZone started off primarily as a developer of custom e-Banking and payment software for leading commercial Banks in Nigeria. In less than 3 years, AppZone had accumulated a remarkable asset-base of e-payment software products and intellectual property. In a bid to extend existing payment solutions to smaller scale Financial institutions, AppZone observed the absolute dearth of basic IT infrastructure and commenced a 2 year project to develop a world class yet affordable core Banking platform for Microfinance Banks (MFBs) and other small scale retail financial institutions. The culmination of this project saw AppZone in full ownership of an entire integrated suite of IT infrastructure required for the effective functioning of any modern retail Bank. Today AppZone has consolidated these platforms into a shared and entirely managed Banking and payment automation IT infrastructure under the brand BankOne. AppZone was incorporated in July 2006 as Price and Networks Limited and commenced full operations in June 2008 with a knife edged focus on creating a world class organization and defacto provider of IT software for the financial services industry. The young, dynamic and driven co-founders of AppZone decided to bring together their wealth of technical, administrative and entrepreneurial experience as well as key leadership competences to create a winning team comprising the best in brains and character. The end point being to transform the financial services industry in Africa and emerging markets around the globe thereby creating immense value for the respective economies and facilitating their overall growth and development.
- We are looking for an innovative, self-driven and ambitious Frontend Engineer to join our Engineering team! As Frontend Engineer, you will collaborate with the backend engineering team to build user-rich and responsive applications.
- As a Frontend Engineer, your job responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the development of the business’ software applications and overseeing the latest processes and technology to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant software systems.
- The Frontend Engineer applies usability principles and procedures as defined by UX/UI input.
- Take and emphasize a consumer-focused approach in building applications and working with front-end team members in determining the prioritization and estimation of new features and improvements.
- Build prototypes systems that meet the project quality standards and requirements, find and address performance issues prior to releasing the finished product to the backend team.
- Design and review code inclusive of efficient and reusable front-end infrastructure and components.
- Support re-use through documenting common frontend components that save the business time in executing future projects.
- Work within the frontend team in building elegant and sophisticated user interfaces. Interact and engage with product team in understanding the needs of the users, availing insights that ultimately lead to an increased positive impact on end-user experience.
- Play a very collaborative role where you regularly collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to avail interactive and scalable applications. Further collaborate with the user experience teams for the purpose of designing and implementing site/software experience.
- Collaborate with backend developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated product.
- Provide documentation and reports to key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of software development.
- Identify and keep abreast of best practices, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department.
- Research and evaluate new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability, and performance of the frontend team’s software development systems and processes.
- Perform other duties assigned by the VP Engineering/CTO.
We would love to meet you if:
- You want to build something that endures and has the potential to transform an entire industry. The legacy of the work you do matters to you.
- You demonstrate a keen understating of user interaction, design principles and standards.
- You have a rich portfolio showcasing easy-to-use and responsive applications you have built.
- You have a significant knowledge of visual aesthetic components and elements such as fonts, layout, color, graphics etc. You will also demonstrate a deep understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, inclusive of SASS.
- These are some of the nitty-gritty things you may have listed on your CV/LinkedIn profile but certainly do not define who you are:
- First degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Experience working in the Payment or Fintech industry will be an advantage.
- We currently run a flexible work structure; some days are remote while others require you to collaborate with colleagues at the office location. For each situation, you may have:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now