MAX is on a mission to fix Africa’s notorious last-mile delivery and online-retail problems by using mobile and web platforms to connect consumers, retail businesses and independent drivers in real-time. We are eliminating all logistics and technology barriers that have historically prevented retail businesses in Africa from realizing their full potential.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Available for a specified internship period.
- Extensive knowledge of desktop technologies: Windows, MS Office, email, virus/malware, phone configuration.
- Knowledge of Cloud & virtualization technologies: VMware, HyperV, AWS, Azure, Google Workspace.
- Experience providing desktop technical support to end users in a business environment.
- Experience solving complex IT issues within time constraints.
- Experience troubleshooting networking and firewall related issues.
- Solid PC hardware, software and Windows operating system knowledge- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, IT Networks Analyst.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications, help desk software and IT Automation.
- Familiarity with Information Security Controls and compliance,
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- BSC degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant work experience 3-5 Years.
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now