Sahara Group is a leading privately owned Power, Energy, Gas and Infrastructure Conglomerate established in 1996 with operating companies active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors. Sahara has presence in different locations including Africa, The Caribbean, Asia and Europe. The Group's strategy is to replicate its successes in Oil and Gas sector in the Energy & Infrastructure sector. To achieve this, Sahara has set out a roadmap for investing in people, processes, strategic acquisitions, principal investments and continuous expansion within, initially, the West African energy & infrastructure space, and then globally.
About the job
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or networks.
- The duties are wide-ranging and vary widely from one organization to another.
- The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise.
What you’ll do:
- Provide first-level technology support and escalate issues to Tiers 2 and 3 support when necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones, and implement changes as required for performance improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, and E1 lines, and implement changes as required for performance improvement.
- Interface with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations.
- Other duties may include end-user education and IT Project Implementation
- Update cash fueling data for analysis.
- Intrinsically motivated.
- Results-oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Emotionally intelligent and a team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills.
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management, and planning skills
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Passion for customer service
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering
- Must possess a good understanding of Windows-based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment.
- Must possess good knowledge of Windows server operating system and Network Infrastructure, hardware, and software troubleshooting skills.
- Maximum of 2 years of qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- ITIL, CCNA, and MTA/ MCSA MCSE certifications would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now