As entrepreneurs ourselves, we understand the unique challenges startups face managing their rollercoaster growth. We’ve lived it. We know that even well-funded teams can lack the bandwidth to recruit, train, and integrate the operations staff needed to meet growing demand. And that even when the right employees are in place, many companies lack the crucial mid-management layer needed to drive employee performance and process improvements. Hugo was created with the high-growth startup in mind. We custom build or augment existing operations teams for companies in scaling mode, leaving founders and senior management to focus on what matters most: growth.
- Hugo has experienced tremendous growth over the last two years and to maintain this trajectory, we need to bolster our IT operations and infrastructure.
- We are looking for an experienced IT enthusiast to work alongside our Global Head of IT Operations managing Hugo’s day-to-day IT operations, ensuring the reliability, security, and efficiency of our IT systems.
- You are the ideal candidate if you have a strong background in IT operations, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Implement, manage, and constantly improve a secure, stable, cost-effective, scalable, and high-performing IT infrastructure (hardware, software, network, and processes) for both WFH (work-from-home) and secure-site service delivery teams.
- Build and manage an efficient IT assets management system: end-to-end process of planning, selecting, purchasing, maintaining, tracking, and retiring of IT assets and devices.
- Support the implementation of an effective IT helpdesk ticketing and support function.
- Provide technical support to end-users, resolving IT-related issues promptly and efficiently.
- Analyze recurring issues and implement preventive measures to minimize future problems.
- Implement business continuity processes to minimize disruption to operations.
- Enforce IT security policies, procedures and guidelines to safeguard company data and systems.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to procure IT equipment and services.
- Evaluate vendor performance and manage relationships to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure all IT infrastructure is fully compliant with industry standards and best practices.
- Develop a system of KPIs and metrics to measure and monitor the effectiveness of IT operations through a single dashboard and drive continuous improvement of these metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within IT operations.
- Proactively assess emerging technologies and recommend solutions that can enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The organized professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A combination of relevant experience and qualifications would be accepted in lieu of a university degree in the listed fields.
- Industry certifications such as Network+, Security+, ITIL, CISA, CISM, CISSP, etc.
- 7+ years of proven experience as an IT Operations Manager.
- Operational IT experience with a user base of 1,000+ employees would be a plus.
- Experience at a growth-stage company/environment is a plus.
- Experience working in ‘’cloud-first’ and ‘remote-first’ environments.
- Exceptional knowledge of technology deployments including cloud computing, endpoint management, IT helpdesk, messaging, automation and workflows, identity management, IT systems architectures, process optimization, networks, and network solutions, etc.
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances that could benefit the company, including information security best practices, industry trends, tools, and change management.
- Knowledge and experience with industry standards would be an asset (e.g., ISO 27001, ISO 22301, SOC 2, NIST, PCI-DSS, etc.)
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now