We are a social business committed to energy access and digital access in Africa. We make accessible to all innovative products that meet the needs of local populations to change their life. Baobab+ is available in Senegal, Mali, Madagascar and Ivory Coast. Baobab+ is part of Baobab Group, a digital finance group specializing in financial inclusion in 9 countries in Africa and China.
- Develop comprehensive QA strategies and methodologies.
- Provide regular updates on QA progress and metrics to stakeholders.
- Develop, update and ensure implementation of the quality assurance guidelines
- Prepare and maintain the testing plan according to the quality assurance guidelines
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders
- Scheduling testing activities and providing budget forecasts
- Automate the testing processes and ensure continuous improvement over time
- Providing feedback to the development team
- Liaising with suppliers/partners, teams and team leaders when needed
- Be a key player in the solution delivery lifecycle process
- Implement test automation across all critical application
- Implement CI/CD tools across the QA lifecycle
- Ensure the effectiveness of the quality assurance guidelines
- Providing feedback to all stakeholders
- Conducting risk assessments in the testing phase
- Perform continuous testing and upgrades when required
- Creating and implementing new test strategies
- Take part in the first-line support in the post-go-live phase
- Deliver training sessions when applicable (prepare materials)
- Coordinate the team
- Manage schedules and workloads of team members
- Plan training and support, implement process improvements when necessary
- Compile reports to track process efficiency, personnel performance and adherence to established service level targets.
Business Knowledge Management:
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of CBS's products, parameters and processes and applications.
- Document software, features and processes when required
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank.
Necessary Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of B.Sc in Computer Science, Economics or related discipline with experience
- At least 6 years hands-on relevant professional experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of testing principles, methodologies and tools used in Waterfall, Agile and V-model methodologies
- Proven track record in Testing Management experience working in an Agile/scrum context.
- Quality Assurance, Test Management, and Test Strategy skills
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Development methodologies
- Experience in leading a team of quality assurance testers
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Good knowledge of business processes and/or Accounting
- Require effective prioritisation, time management, team spirit, and organisational abilities.
- Understanding structured test methods and processes
- Excellent grasp of test metrics, release process and test environment principles
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Preparing concise documentation
- Being articulate and communicating effectively
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally
- Relevant certifications (e.g., ISTQB, CSTE) and payment-related protocol knowledge (e.g., ISO 8583) are preferred.
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
- Prior working experience with a Core Banking System (CBS) or a software package
- Background in microfinance, banking, accounting and/or IT
- Awareness of Risk-based testing approach, use of automated testing tools is an asset
- Awareness of configuration management and change control processes is an asset
- Programming language & scripting experience.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now