Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. In its 54 year history, Flour Mills has remained at the forefront of wheat milling in Nigeria. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. Flour Mills has invested over N25billion in milling infrastructure over the last seven years, to maintain its competitive advantage. Today, Flour Mills has a rated milling capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day, making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. The Company’s flagship mill located in Apapa, Lagos comprises of 10 integrated mills. Each mill was designed as a multilevel operation in order to optimize the use of gravity in the sifting process, thereby reducing the energy requirements. In addition, the Company maintains dedicated mills to the processing of different wheat varieties to produce different flour types. This has ensured consistent quality of its products for 50 years. The Apapa Mill also boasts of modern silos with a storage capacity to 191,000 metric tons. Flour Mills has also made significant investments in power generation. The Company has 11 General Electric (GE) Jenbacher gas generators at its Apapa Mills, with a combined capacity of 30 megawatts. This has enabled the company to reduce the occurrence of production stoppages. In addition, the Company has a 30megawatt diesel plant at the same site to act as a backup in the event of any shortage of feedstock to the gas generators.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To plan and coordinate timely and adequate service delivery of all IT support requests for the company and supported subsidiaries in line with approved organizational information technology policies and procedures.
- In addition to managing a potentially large staff of support agents (in multiple locations, shifts), the service desk officer also monitors operations to make sure tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Monitor & Lead operations to ensure that tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Take accountability for ensuring that business activities go without a hitch, service level agreements (SLAs) are reached, and service desk clients are satisfied with the support they receive.
- Define a set of internal procedures, policies, controls, and operations as well as directing help desk representatives in their adoption and compliance.
- Participate in activities or oversee a small team contributing to project work (major incidents, changes, and releases, DRP, ITSM tool implementation).
- Develop and update a PC setup and maintenance plan in collaboration with the Service Desk Manager.
- Proactively monitor operational performance and diagnose system issues that affect end users, then take the necessary steps to resolve them.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external service providers to ensure that escalated incidents or service requests are resolved as soon as possible.
- Ensure various types of information are communicated to users through the appropriate channel(s).
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current patches, Anti-Virus definition and approved other end user compliance metrics (defined periodic reports may be required.
THE PERSON MUST
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have the ability to clearly and confidently communicate IT solutions to end users.
- Pay keen attention to details and be highly organized.
- BSC in Computer Science or related course
- IT Information Library (ITIL) Intermedia, Security & Network Certification is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in related field
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now