MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\'s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria. It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\'s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\'elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\'elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
- Develop a network performance and quality assurance methodology or framework to monitor and optimize the radio access network.
- Drive adherence to regulatory QoS requirements and ensure network quality audits and assessments.
- To provide network analytics and insights to Network Group functions and other business functions for informed decision-making.
- Prepare Network impact analysis of commercial products and promotions to support our applications to the regulator.
- Participate in contract negotiations to reduce costs and drive the MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Develop, prepare, review, and analyze financial performance indicators for Network Group Capex and Opex.
- Initiate, develop, and champion the execution of innovative solutions to address operational shortfalls.
- Co-ordinate industry research and evaluate business intelligence information to serve as input to NWG’s strategy development and plans.
- Coordinate end-to-end technology solution planning across NWG planning functions to determine dependencies and ensure completeness in solution deployment specifications.
- Network Quality Assurance
- Regularly monitor, track, and report network data inconsistencies and discrepancies.
- Development of Software Tools Identify new software requirements and participate in the specification of all custom software tools, such as:
- NetCM, Aircom Suite, Netcharts,
- CDR Analysis
- CEM tools
- Develop, prepare, review, and analyze operational performance indicators to identify areas in which synergies can be achieved for quality improvement and cost efficiencies.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of assigned plans on behalf of the Chief Technical Officer/Network Group.
- Review, update, and publish the Network Group Organogram.
- Provide analytical, documentation, and project management support on projects and assignments as agreed with the Chief Technical Officer.
- Liaise with line managers to ensure the implementation of approved projects.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- B.Sc./B.Engr. in Electrical/Electronics, Communications Engineering, or Telecommunications Engineering
- A Master's degree in Telecoms, Management, or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
6–13 years’ experience within an RF Planning and Optimization or Network Performance function in the telecommunications environment
- Vast knowledge and experience in Radio Network Optimization
- Experience working on a multivendor and multiband network.
- Experience with Ericsson and Huawei equipment will be desirable.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects.
- Experience in Network Planning and Operations
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now