One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty. Headquartered in Bungoma, Kenya, the organization works with farmers in rural villages throughout Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and recently Malawi. Using a market-based approach, One Acre Fund facilitates activities and transactions at various levels of the farming value chain, including seed sourcing and market support. In 2013, farmers who worked with One Acre Fund realized a 180% return on their investment and significantly increased farm income on every planted acre.
About the Role
- Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments and analyzing loan repayments. You will report to one of our development managers.
- We operate a stack of open-source solutions to power most of our business, including Odoo, Apache Fineract, and Keycloak.
- Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React (Native), Docker/Kubernetes, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub / JIRA / Slack / Azure DevOps.
- Design, develop, document, test, and operate customizations on our Odoo platform, focused around product ordering, inventory, payment, and delivery
- Mentor the team on the Odoo platform and ecosystem
- Work as part of a small, collaborative, and agile team of software developers
- Contribute to your department's improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Extensive experience in the Odoo ecosystem and plugin development - 2+ years recommended
- 3+ years of experience, solid programming skills, autonomy, and a mindset of testing and automation
- High proficiency in Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience working in Agile
- Awareness of cloud technologies including Docker and Kubernetes is welcome
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now