The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is the public-service broadcaster of the United Kingdom, headquartered at Broadcasting House in London. It is the world's oldest national broadcasting organisation and the second largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees, with over 20,000 staff in total, of which 16,672 are in public sector broadcasting
- As Senior Journalist, you will be responsible for our Igbo output, including editorial control, reporting, selection and compilation of material, production, leading teams as well as planning and implementing effective use of resources.
- With a keen eye, you will be on the lookout for interesting news items, and have confidence they will interest your target audience, attracting and engaging them to our platforms via websites and social media.
- You will write original content for website stories and social media output, this may include scripting, editing, outputting, filming and presenting content across a range of BBC outputs.
- You may undertake on-air reporting, including production and presentation of live or recorded programmes on TV, radio and online.
- You’ll be responsible for allocating work to a team, checking their progress; ensuring the professional contribution of staff and journalism delivered is to a consistently high standard, whilst always seeking ways to increase diversity in our workforce and to ensure that our output reflects the audiences we serve.
- You will work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest editorial standards.
Are you the right candidate?
You will have considerable experience working as Journalist demonstrating high standards of editorial judgment, writing ability and production skills. In addition you will:
- be fluent in Igbo language, both written and spoken, and be able to communicate effectively in English.
- have extensive experience of data analysis within digital journalism and broadcasting.
- have the ability to write creatively in an engaging manner, you’ll adapt, produce and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media suitable for multimedia output.
- be experienced in finding ways to maximise opportunities offered by existing and emerging technologies to their fullest extent.
- have a strong background in managing resources, staff, technical facilities and budgets, in order to make broadcasting in the most cost effective manner.
- be a natural advocate to improving diversity in the workplace.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now