PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses.
- You will be joining the team as a Backend Engineer focused on building and managing resilient API & services infrastructure. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in our success story.
- The ideal candidate is someone who has gained experience working with a product development agency, and wants to join a startup, not because it is cool, but because they feel ready to maximise their potential by focusing on one product.
- API Development: Create and maintain RESTful or GraphQL APIs that enable communication between the front-end and back-end systems.
- Telephony System Management: Oversee and maintain the telephony core environment, ensuring its optimal performance and reliability.
- Security: Implement security best practices to protect data and prevent unauthorized access. This includes encryption, authentication, and authorization.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough documentation of system configurations, changes, and updates.
- Testing: Write unit tests and participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, reliability, and maintainability.
Who you are
- You have three or more years of experience building APIs.
- You are experienced with Git, Rust(Axum) and Python(Django) technologies.
- Work with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL) to design schemas, create tables, and optimize queries.
- Have an extensive background in Redis and caching expertise.
- You have an interest in how systems are built, whether machines or software.
- You are more interested in the problem than in the product. You are not just someone who learnt to write codes, you are a problem solver, an engineer.
- You love to accomplish something every day. You are intentional about how you spend your time.
- Knowledge of telephony protocols (e.g. SIP) and standards is a big plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Role in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Chance to shape the future of business communication for entrepreneurs in Africa.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now