Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors.
- The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time-series data.
- As a Software Support Engineer (SSE) working from either Kenya or Nigeria, you’ll join our growing team to help our customers install our software (or, in the case of our cloud offering, deploy to one of our cloud-hosted environments), connect to their data sources, integrate their identity/authentication infrastructure, and upgrade to new versions.
- You will interact with customers directly (usually over Zoom web conferencing) to troubleshoot technical issues with our software and issues in the customers' environment (firewalls, third-party authentication, and general IT issues affecting our software deployment).
- You will be a member of the product development team and will have a strong voice in shaping development efforts to improve customer satisfaction and mitigate common pain points.
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion, but the ideal candidate is likely to have many of the following characteristics:
- Candidate is motivated by solving customer problems with a knack for tenaciously digging in to find the real root cause.
- Responsive and communicative with an enthusiastic drive to help customers even during off-hours.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows -- we deploy on both platforms. You are familiar with either AWS or Azure cloud environments.
- Candidate is disciplined with high attention to detail and enjoys sleuthing through multiple logs to tie together theories.
- Quick learner known for suggesting new ideas and raising the bar for the whole team.
- Capable of deep investigation of issues using standard system tools like Task Manger, Process Explorer and even Wireshark or other Windows Sysinternal power tools. Experience troubleshooting networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), and Ethernet.
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Information Systems or related field.
- Previous startup experience is a plus.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now