Covenant University is a part of the Liberation Commission that God gave to the Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church Bishop David Oyedepo, (Ph.D.) some years ago. The appropriate forms of intent to establish a private university was submitted to the National Universities Commission (NUC) in March 2000 and by July 15th 2001, the verification team of the National Universities Commission came for the inspection of facilities and programmes. On 12th February 2002, the Federal Government officially presented the certificate, which granted Covenant University the license to operate as a private University in Nigeria. University is a growing, dynamic vision-birthed, vision driven University, founded on a Christian mission ethos and committed to pioneering excellence at the cutting edge of learning. We are driven by the compelling vision of raising a new generation of Leaders for the African Continent on the platform of a Holistic, Human Development and integrated learning curriculum, in order to raise Total Men who will go out to develop their world. Our Core-Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mentality, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice are what defines our commitment to excellence. Our experiences over the last few years strongly indicate the great potential we have as a University in instituting a learning context that is rich in educational opportunities, research and scholarship. Our aim is to build a world-class university that will be a pride of Africa as well as take its place among the Ivy league Universities on the global platform. Our mandate as a University is to revolutionize the educational landscape of Africa. Ours is indeed a rescue mission in education, driven on the platform of Christian ethos and life transforming values. The integration of the fundamental requirements stipulated by academic and professional quality assurance bodies, a global-outlook and impact driven learning emphasis, provides a powerful synergy for empowerment in enabling the inculcation of intellectual and creative abilities via a platform of a solid commitment to self-discovery.
In line with her quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base, Covenant University seeks to attract research active and experienced Senior Academics in the Professorial and Senior Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research. A passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academics and the industry is key. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
Professors/Associate Professors Senior Lecturers and Lecturers I and II in the following Colleges/Departments/Programs.
College of Science & Technology (CST)
- Biological Sciences
- Building Technology
- Computer Science
- Management Information System
- Estate Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for their respective disciplines and teaching abilities with adequate research experience. The additional requirements for each cadre are highlighted as follows:
- Professor: PhD. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, etc. Also required are at least 10 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience. Research-active Professors who meet the University prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to the Research Scholar Scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration.
- Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professors but with at least 8 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professors but with at least 5 years full-time post-Ph.D qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Lecturer I: A minimum of 2 years full-time post-Ph.D, qualification, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Lecturer II: Ph.D qualification with relevant teaching and research experience.
- Resource Officer II (Librarian): Master’s degree in Library or Information Science with skills in information systems and digital library resources. Membership of accredited and relevant professional bodies is an advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now