Welcome to PharmAccess The PharmAccess Group is dedicated to affordable access to quality health care in Africa, by stimulating investments through partnerships with the private sector and government institutions. This group of non-profit organizations has a shared goal, working towards achieving inclusive health care for Africa. In doing so, we contribute to healthier populations and social and economic development. Our integrated approach consists of complementary initiatives that aim to increase investments and resources, efficiency and effectiveness within the healthcare system. By combining standards for quality improvement, loans for healthcare providers, health plans and in-depth impact research we simultaneously stimulate the demand for and supply of healthcare services. The expertise within the PharmAccess Group includes health plans, healthcare quality, healthcare financing and healthcare infrastructure. Our work also includes consultancy and HIV/AIDS corporate programs as well as mobile health (mHealth) applications.
- The Director, Advocacy and Communications will be work with the Country Director to lead the development and co-ordination of the organization’s advocacy work to ensure that stakeholders continue to play a leading role in achieving the digitalization of health financing and delivery in Nigeria. Additionally, the successful candidate will assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the internal and external communication activities of the PharmAccess Nigeria Office.
- The role will also entail public policy research, development and dissemination; development of key multilateral partner, government agency and private sector relationships and all matters of advocacy and public policy related activities for PharmAccess.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of advocacy initiatives in Nigeria.
- Develop compelling policy briefs and case building of the results, outcomes and lessons learned of our initiatives to support our thought leadership and policy work,
- Coordinating the participation of PharmAccess in conferences, expert meetings and workshops, and being able to present PharmAccess on formal occasions.
- Work with the relevant business lines to ensure that our participation in conferences and expert meetings and the visibility gained are translated into concrete businesses.
- Facilitate proposal development and capacity building processes that are advocacy related.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, create a platform for co-creation and partnerships for thought leadership in Nigeria.
- Connecting PharmAccess with tech startup and, private sector enterprises, understanding the policy landscape and developments around digital and mobile innovations to enhance PharmAccess’ strategy and initiatives in Nigeria.
- Monitor and assess relevant state and federal legislations and regulations that affect the activities of PAF in the healthcare sector.
- Develop a focused and effective communication plan for Nigeria and manage accordingly, delivering output in line with agreed objectives.
- Lead communication initiatives supporting the advocacy agenda of PharmAccess Nigeria.
- Lead by example, build capabilities in the Nigerian office, in overall understanding of the role of communication and how this can effectively contribute to the advocacy agenda and the overall perception and impact our programs make.
- Organize and activate the wider Nigerian team on strategic events and speaking opportunities.
- Act as a first point of contact for external media in Nigeria and manage press relations; collaborate with Amsterdam on strengthening international exposure.
- Writing spot-on press releases, organizing PharmAccess events/conferences/expert meetings, and or ensuring our participation in events of others adds value to what we do. You ensure PharmAccess Nigeria is correctly and well represented on the PharmAccess website.
- Handle the Twitter handle of PharmAccess Nigeria, build an online following, from the inside out, and feed into the LinkedIn handle of PharmAccess globally proactively.
- Give regular updates to the PharmAccess Nigeria team and organize yearly events. Be part of the organization of the wider PharmAccess internal communication initiatives and ensure PharmAccess activities and developments are well known by the Nigerian team and vice versa.
- Be the point of contact and collaborate in a proactive and constructive manner with the Amsterdam communication team.
Qualification & Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- Other relevant postgraduate degrees or professional certifications will be an advantage
- At least 10 years’ work experience in relevant institutions
- Experience with public sector and / or multilateral advocacy will be an added advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of engagement with stakeholders
- Must be able to documents ideas and development frameworks to depict all stakeholders in healthcare schemes supported by PharmAccess
- Ability to provide leadership and take ownership
- Strong project management and managerial skills
- Result driven and able to motivate a diverse group of ambitious colleagues
- Strong relationship networks within the local and international media
- Significant knowledge of health systems is a prerequisite for this role
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now