MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
The Cloud Solutions Manager will develop and articulate solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements; ascertained from engagements with multiple business units across the customer's organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommendations for Cloud computing technologies and architectural patterns as well as maintain responsibility for the design of a customer solution.
- Will be involved from pre-sales solution formulation through system deployment, including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in cloud solutions architecture proposals.
- Design cloud adoption strategy and client growth plan for key accounts using in-house and partner products that address pain points to achieve profitability.
- Prepare the technical solutions, architectural and implementation design documents.
- Conduct pre-migration assessment for clients looking to adopt cloud services
- Prepare process documents to provide lay down procedures for daily operation/activities
- Track and forecast Cloud usage and needs across Cloud Platforms.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Work closely with Project Managers to define project deliverable and schedules.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project managers to size and manage scope and risk
- Help to identify and leverage resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Assess solutions for their commercial merits and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations and proactively alert the project management, engineering, and customer facing groups of potential problems based upon strong working knowledge of cloud solutions including software/hardware compatibility within the customer's environment.
- The Cloud Solutions Manager will stay current on technical specifications for cloud hardware/software requirements of industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Provided direction for the Cloud Solutions architects.
The Cloud Solutions Manager will work closely with members of the following teams as required from time to time.
- Project Manager
- Customer Service Delivery
- Cloud Operations
- Cloud Implementations
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in large complex information systems and cloud services with at least two (4) years in a supervisory.
- At least five (5) years’ managerial experience of IT Service management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management is preferred.
- Strong background and understanding of Public and Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes clusters and SaaS including AWS, Azure and managed services; Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Proven technical experience in the field of Cloud services; hands on experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments
- Evidence of successful product launch and full lifecycle management.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans and opportunity analysis.
- Demonstrated ability, determination and tenacity to move major initiatives forward and drive focus while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.)
- Ability to track/manage product P&L once launched
- Ability to manage day to day Cloud and managed services operations and ensure effective project management and customer delivery.
- Knowledge of OEM technologies required to deliver Infrastructure as a service including Dell, EMC, HP, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, Firewalls, Load balancers, Storage solutions, etc.
Demands of the Job
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with confidential information.
- Time and priority management skills.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now