CLEAR Global used to be called Translators without Borders. We've grown fast over the last five years, and that name no longer reflects all we do CLEAR stands for community, language, engagement, accountability, and reach, the cornerstones of our work around the world.
- The Content Lead will report to the Language Services Senior Officer and will be responsible for supporting high-quality community engagement services in Nigeria in the form of innovative, creative, and effective two-way communication with communities through digital channels and chatbots (conversational agents).
- The incumbent will develop, process, and, where necessary, translate content and liaise with the Content Development Officer, partners, and the tech team on content development for a communication tool.
- In addition, they will deliver and support colleagues in the delivery of transcriptions, audio recordings, and other language services to humanitarian organizations, and contribute to research, training, and monitoring activities.
- Produce high quality and timely content, translations, transcriptions, and audio recordings in Shuwa (using both Arabic and Latin script for written content)
- Ensure that the content is culturally relevant, engaging, and designed for the Shuwa speaking community
- Engage with partners in the editorial process to decide how chatbot conversations should be developed
- Working with the Content Development Officer, contribute to the weekly chatbot content meetings with partners, developing content in Shuwa, editing the messaging based on community feedback and responding to community feedback
- Work closely with the content team (Kanuri and Hausa) to develop engaging, appropriate, and consistent conversations and messaging across languages using assigned tools that will support the technical team in training the chatbot.
- Act as the focal point for receiving and incorporating feedback on the chatbot through the pilot testing and rollout phase and ensuring the content is responsive to community needs.
- Support in maintaining and enhancing chatbot platform to meet changing needs of the users
- Contribute to the development of glossaries, guidance notes, language factsheets and field testing of terminology and community engagement content
- Assist with the development and rollout of new communication tools as well as demo training
- Apply plain language principles and design content for low literacy context as well as propose (where appropriate), non-textual content such as images, pictorials or audio/visual content
- Participate in and support with monitoring, evaluation and research activities
- Contribute to regular internal reporting and donor reporting as required
- Liaise with the global chatbot team to share and learn from best practices and lessons learned in other country programs and to inform the design of Shuwa-language conversation
- Maintain good professional relationships with TWB volunteers and partner agencies
- Contribute to a positive and innovative work environment within TWB
The role will evolve along with the overall program as projects develop to reflect the changing language needs of the affected population and humanitarian community in North East Nigeria.
- University degree
- Mother tongue speaker of Shuwa with excellent writing and speaking skills (for written content both Arabic and Latin script is required in Shuwa and English.
- 3+ years experience in translation or interpretation between English and Shuwa
- Computer and technology literate (including Microsoft Office, Google documents and sheets)
- Ability to quickly learn new digital systems
- Familiarity with social media and messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) and knowledge of popular social media accounts in the region
- Availability to travel to locations with volatile security
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working with or/and managing small teams of volunteers
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations, particularly in development and/or humanitarian response
- Experience in Community Engagement
- Experience of Computer Assisted Translation tools
- Fluency in other languages of Nigeria is an advantage
- Experience of developing/translating content for digital communication channels
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards with attention to detail
- Flexible and eager to adapt to different learning styles and changing circumstances
- Ability to establish effective and collaborative working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Commitment to TWB’s mission
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now