Lagos State came into being through a Federal Edict on May 27, 1967, and Health was one of the Ministries with which it took off. The Ministry was formerly charged with responsibility for both health and social welfare. The latter has since been excised, rejoined, and eventually excised from the Ministry such that the Social Welfare Division is presently under the Ministry of Youth and Social Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily entry of client’s details on the CAD (Computer-aided diagnosis) data management system for the Radiographer.
- Ensure timely and accurate daily entry of project data.
- Ensure accurate and efficient tracking of forms.
- Update daily data stats and registers.
- Ensure neat and accurate filling of data forms including collation of presumptive, those sent for sputum testing, and positive TB cases (both bacteriological and clinical).
- Resolve data queries raised with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Print all abnormal x-rays and reports and give them to the relevant clinical/monitoring teams (on demand).
- Report any unusual events during the screening period.
- Carry out Data verification and Quality Assurance checks.
- Assist the Principal Recipient (PR – Lagos State TB Control Program) in generating reports to meet reporting deadlines for the Donor (Global Funds).
- Assist with other project related tasks if required.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that is target-driven and result-orientated.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc in Health Information Management, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of two years work experience in data management in public health projects
- Proficiency in Spreadsheet and Database Management
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with TB screening or other health screening programs
- Flexibility across a range of field and office-related tasks
- Knowledge of TB and HIV Disease Programs will be an added advantage
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Experience in implementing Data Quality Audit in Health Programs
- Experience in Data Governance and Compliance
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now