Africa Prudential Registrars Plc ("APR") is a technology-driven Capital Market Investment Mediator [CMIM]. The company was a fully owned subsidiary of United Bank for Africa Plc. We are a standard-delivery service provider for corporate organizations in the primary and secondary sectors of the capital market. Our pedigree makes us unique. APR is a thoroughbred in share registration business in Nigeria. We have over 30 years of share registration experience in the Nigerian Capital Market. These had afforded us opportunities to participate in various offers, including IPO, Right Issue, Debenture, State Government Bonds, etc. We are a leading share registration service provider in Nigeria. We specialise in qualitative, customer-friendly service delivery for corporate organizations. Our presence here allows e-access for our publics to gain insight into our activities. It also provides among others, avenues to inform our publics about what we do, when we do it and how we do it. This portal will, in one swoop, appraise some of the questions you frequently ask. You can also download aid-materials (forms) relative to your needs.
About the job
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the company's databases.
- This includes tasks such as creating and managing database schemas, designing, and implementing database security, and monitoring database performance.
- The Database Administrator will also work with other IT staff to ensure that databases are accessible and reliable for all users.
Design, implement, and maintain the company's databases.
- Analyse business requirements to determine the need for new or modified databases.
- Design and implement database schemas to meet business requirements.
- Create and manage database security.
- Monitor database performance and identify and troubleshoot performance bottleneck
- Perform backups and restores of databases.
- Document database processes and procedures
- Stay up to date on database technologies.
Work with other IT staff to ensure that databases are accessible and reliable for all users.
- Coordinate with application developers, network, and system administrators to ensure that databases are compatible with applications and are accessible.
Troubleshoot database problems and errors.
- Implement security patches and updates.
Optimize database performance.
- Tune database queries
- Migrate databases to more efficient platforms.
Administer database users and permissions.
- Create and manage database users.
- Assign permissions to database users. (RBAC)
- Monitor database usage.
Audit database activity
- Track database access and usage
- Identify and investigate suspicious activity.
- Develop and maintain database documentation.
Training and Knowledge Management.
- Train users on database operations
- Stay up-to-date on database technologies
- Attend conferences and workshops.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a database administrator
- Strong understanding of database concepts and technologies
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, and other database programming languages
- Experience with database administration tools and utilities
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Experience with other data engineering technologies (e.g., NoSQL databases, data visualization tools)
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now