he Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB) was established on January 1, 1988 by the Federal Government when four Universities of Technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged. This led to the creation of the first two Universities of Agriculture in Abeokuta and Makurdi. On the same date, Professor Nurudeen Olorun-Nimbe Adedipe was appointed the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the University. Professor Adedipe officially assumed duty on January 28, 1988. For many years the date which Professor Adedipe assumed duty was wrongly adopted as the foundation day of the University. Following a revisit to the instrument setting up the University, a Council decision at its 53rd Statutory meeting in June 2010 reverted the foundation date to January 1st 1988 as prescribed by the law which established the University. Prior to the emergence of UNAAB, the Federal Government had established the Federal University of Technology, Abeokuta (FUTAB) in 1983. Then, in 1984, it was merged with the University of Lagos and had its name changed to the College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta (COSTAB), before the demerger of January, 1988. The University started off from the old Campus of Abeokuta Grammar School, Isale-Igbein near the city centre. It completed its movement to its Permanent Site along Alabata Road in 1997, in what has been termed the fastest pace of Permanent Site development in the history of Nigerian University System. At the initial stage, five Colleges were introduced in the University in October 1988 as follows: * College of Agricultural Management, Rural Development and Studies (COLAMRUCS) * College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM) * College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM) * College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS) * College of Plant Science and Crop Production (COLPLANT) Two additional Colleges, College of Engineering (COLENG) and College of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET) were introduced in March, 2002. During 2008/2009 session, the College of Agricultural Management, Rural Development and Consumer Studies was split into two with two new Colleges emerging as follows: * College of Food Science and Human Ecology (COLFHEC) * College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development (COLAMRUD) One additional College, College of Management Sciences was also introduced.
- Candidate should possess a good honors Degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- In addition, he/she is expected to possess a higher Degree in a relevant field and 15 years of post-degree experience in the media and public relations industry.
- Candidate must also be registered with the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR).
- Candidate must have demonstrable knowledge of computer usage and may be conversant with, and active on social media platforms. Candidate must be of good health, possess sound judgment, have a pleasant disposition, and unassailable integrity.
Conditions of Service
- These are as stipulated in the Public Service of Nigeria and the University system.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now