Nigerian University of Technology and Management (NUTM) is a dynamic and forward-thinking start-up university focused on providing cutting edge education in technology and management. Founded in 2020, NUTM aims to revolutionize higher education in Africa, empower the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs and be ranked in the top 50 global STEM universities.
NUTM is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Professor and Senior Lecturer in Cybersecuity. As a Professor or Senior Lecturer in the Cybersecurity Department, you will teach undergraduate courses, contribute to curriculum development and the development of future technology professionals, and engage in research and scholarly activities. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Cybersecurity and a passion for teaching. This position is full-time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Course development and instruction
- Teach undergraduate-level Cybersecurity courses.
- Develop and deliver course syllabi, lectures, assignments, and assessments that align with the program's learning objectives.
- Utilize effective instructional methods, technologies, and resources to enhance student learning and engagement.
Mentorship and student evaluation
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on student work, including assignments, exams, and projects.
- Mentor and guide students in their academic and professional development, offering support and advice as needed.
Research and departmental duties
- Collaborate with colleagues to promote interdisciplinary initiatives and contribute to the growth and reputation of the department and university.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in Cybersecurity through research and professional development activities.
- Participate in departmental and university activities, including curriculum development, program assessment, and faculty meetings.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Cybersecurity or a related field. A doctoral degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more areas of Cybersecuity, such as Computer forensics.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and motivate students.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools commonly used in Cybersecuity.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive and diverse learning environment.
- Research and publication record, or potential for scholarly contributions, is an asset.
- Active involvement in professional organizations and a commitment to professional development.
What We Offer
- To build Africa’s foremost world-class university, we need Africa’s most brilliant minds. Joining NUTM will offer:
- Vibrant work environment.
- Competitive benefit packages.
- Comprehensive health care benefits.
- Continuous Learning and growth.
- Collaborative and innovative company culture.
- Access to a wide network of high impact people.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now