ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Purpose of the Job
- The GIS Specialist position supports the drive to acquire capability for large scale management and operation of fibre outside and inside plant infrastructure assets through its life cycle of producing both operational and strategic plans and designs, deployment, service provisioning, maintenance and general administration.
- The role will primarily manage specific GIS applications and infrastructure that has been acquired and deployed so that value can continually be derived to support competitive business objectives.
- Develop deep insights into geospatial relationships and dependencies in order to proactively meet customer needs.
Expected Key Results:
- Effective GIS operations
- Creates, tests and enhances GIS operations; develops and administers web based applications.
- Provides technical support for the implementation and operation of GIS projects
- Operates and maintains GIS software and web-based
- Installs and tests GIS web software and maintains GIS web server.
- Prepares GIS datasets, maps and database reports
- GIS Modeling & Analysis
- Evaluates user requirements for GIS; identifies and implements applications
- Prepares GIS databases, maps, database reports and specialized queries in support of various projects
- Performs GIS analysis, modeling and reporting to support decision making
- Generates, maintains and disseminates GIS layers
- Designs GIS enterprise database and enforces data standards
- GIS working knowledge dissemination
- Conducts or coordinates end-user training
- Trains users on new and existing QGIS application, modules and products
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with associates and customers
- Incisive GIS-Based Reporting
- Writes and maintains reports; programs database reports, forms and queries
- Prepares written and oral presentations
- Support diverse GIS business application areas
- Seek out areas of need for applying GIS tools and resources to meet and resolve business requirement
- Demonstrate (Key competencies).
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field (2.2/Upper Credit Minimum)
- Extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS related work
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Experience with GPS measuring tools
- Outstanding quantitative skill set, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, be able to multitask, think intuitively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good project management skills and possess troubleshooting ability.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of automated mapping and information processing methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience of the capabilities of automated mapping and geographic information processing systems
- Considerable knowledge and experience of cartographic principles, automated mapping, geographic information system (GIS) database design and structure
- Considerable knowledge and experience of geographic information system (GIS) hardware and software components, data communication and network methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience to prepare a variety of correspondence and complex reports
- Considerable experience in using spreadsheet and
- CAD applications like Microsoft Excel and LibreCalc, AutoCAD and FreeCAD, etc.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning Dimensions.
- Budget: Yes. Contributes by providing data as may be requested
- PO Approval: Not required.
- No. of vendors: Will work with vendors from time to time
- No. of direct reports: None for now.
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
Type of customers
- Mainly Internal x Mainly External Internal & External
- Reporting Manager
- Functional Head
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now