EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs. Before the construction of the Egbin Power Plc, Lagos, the Ijora Power Station which is reputed as the oldest power generating plant in the country was the main source of electricity supply around.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a vision for Information Technology within the organization, communicate it to employees, lead and motivate the team to achieve the vision in line with the strategic goals of Egbin Power Plc.
- Develop a strategy which identifies the future direction of the use of technology within the organization to drive efficiencies.
- Provide advice to Egbin Power Plc. Management on the application and use of IT to provide excellent services working closely with the senior management team to overcome business challenges with the use of technology.
- To identify solutions and opportunities to improve organizational performance. Evaluate customer’s requirements, prepare and present proposals, and design and deliver solutions to meet customer’s objectives.
- Combine guidance from different enterprise architecture viewpoints (business, information and technical), as well as from the enterprise solution architecture to drive solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes.
IT Infrastructure Management
- Provide a reliable IT infrastructure to improve business process and efficiency.
- Ensure improved processes, policies which are adhered to the standards, collecting efficient data, managing the networks, IT assets and the IT staff.
- Advise on the strategic direction of key IT resources including websites and information databases, intranet systems, telecommunications systems etc.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the Computer Misuse Act, the Data Protection and Health & Safety Acts (as applicable to IT usage)
- Be a champion of change, optimizing current IT solutions whilst promoting innovative solutions to operational challenges.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Prepare and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Control and manage the project resources and budget.
- Provide support to the procurement team to Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor contracts for ICT services provided by third parties ensuring effective service delivery.
- Manage the relationships with contractors and suppliers.
Leadership and Management
- To be the senior technical manager and to contribute to the development, implementation and review of corporate strategies, annual project plans, policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of employee and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver the corporate plan.
- To provide clear, succinct and cogent reports to required deadlines for the Board, Committees, the Chief Executive, Management Teams and key stakeholders as required.
- To manage the IT budgets achieving Value for Money
Education and Work Experience
- 12-15 years with a minimum of 5 years in a senior management role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Management, or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Postgraduate degree-related discipline.
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the role of IT in the achievement of the organization’s business objectives.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing IT Strategies to drive efficient business processes.
- Successful background in stakeholder management
- Excellent negotiation and partner management background
- Knowledge of CMMS and ERP Systems.
- Strong IT project planning/management and implementation skills.
- Sound understanding of business financials, including budgeting and financial management.
- Sound awareness/ understanding of trends and recent developments in the global IT industry.
- Strong operational management and resource planning/ coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Risk Management
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now