Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
- The health informatics assistant will report to the state health informatics lead and will work directly with the assigned supported facilities in the state to ensure the smooth running of all electronic health information systems deployed toward meeting the Monitoring, Evaluation, and learning (MEL) requirements of the state office.
- The role will proactively work with the MEL staff and electronic data clerks at the assigned facility, in providing solutions to IT challenges, systems troubleshooting, and escalation.
- The role will be responsible for deploying and implementing any IT solutions targeted at the facility.
Health informatics and Software management:
- Support in the update of the LAMISPlus EMR at the facility.
- Assist in the generation of routine reports from the EMR at the facility.
- Assist in routine NDR data upload and resolution of data quality checks.
- Ensure routine backup of the EMR Database from supported facilities.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the state health informatics Lead.
Work Interactions and Conditions
- The health informatics assistant will report to the state health informatics Lead.
- Requires frequent travels within the state to provide technical assistance to the health facilities and to the state office.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar Technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in HIV program and PEPFAR program supporting health facilities. Proficient use of the MS Office package and ability to conduct basic data analysis.
- Specialized knowledge: proficient in the use of LAMISPLUS EMR or any other EMR, DHIS2, and Database applications such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server. Comfortable working on the Windows operating system, have basic Networking and Computer hardware troubleshooting. Proficient in the use of at least one analytic tool (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS, STATA, etc.)
- Skills: strong organizational and time management skills, ability to communicate effectively and engage fellow team members and staff, mentorship, and leadership abilities.
- Abilities: Strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems, make decisions and be able to manage multiple tasks, ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness, and personal integrity.
- Professional Certification: Any IT or healthcare-related certifications are desirable but not required.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now