Diageo is still a relatively young company - we have only existed in our current form since 1997- but our brands and our business have a rich heritage. our earliest ancestor company formed in 1749, is Justerini & Brooks - wine merchants, and blenders of the famous J&B whisky range. 10 years after that, in 1759 Arthur Guinness signed the lease on the now world famous St James's Gate brewery in Dublin, going on to create a globally iconic brand.
About the role
- This Information Management & Records Manager (IM&R) role is a mid-management role reporting directly to the Legal Director with a dotted line to the Finance & Strategy Director. The job holder shall manage, develop, and maintain all business records and information assets (in all formats including paper, cloud, digital and/or electronic media) belonging to Guinness Nigeria.
- This is a specialist role within the Legal function performing and facilitating end to end records management, information management, information security and quality management which includes:
- Implement and embed the company IM&S policies and procedures across the business through a network of trained IM&S champions and users.
- End to end Document and Records Management.
- Document and information retention, retrieval and disposal, including management of all company document libraries and archives, whether external or internal.
- Electronic records management – includes information management in emails, databases and all company electronic systems.
- Business continuity management for all company records and information operations, assets and procedures.
- In collaboration with the global IT team, management and securing of all sensitive company information assets including intellectual property and commercially sensitive data.
- Ensure the business remains compliant and maintains full IM&S compliance with laws and regulations, statutory, security and industry standards and best practice, Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR), General Data Protection Regulation and Diageo Data Privacy Guidelines among others.
- Fully operate and maintain market cyber risk register. Act as the lead internal auditor for IM&S to ensure that the IM&S program is fully embedded within the business and is adequate and effective.
- Manage all external and internal IM&S service providers and consultants.
- Design and implement an effective IM&S training and awareness plan.
- Ensure the business remains compliant to all regulatory, statutory and industry standards. Monitor and advise the business on statutory compliance, regulatory and legislative issues relating to IM&S in Nigeria.
- Develop business management systems. Areas include: policy and procedural development, internal auditing, risk assessments, control selection and implementation, employee awareness and non-compliance & non-conformance management.
- Ensure each function is compliant and self-reliant and capable of complying with and fully executing the group IM&S agenda.
- Develop and review retention schedules and develop Information Asset Inventories across the business.
- Fully implement all IM&S related CARM controls and processes.
- Provide Leadership and guidance to the IM&S champions’ network as evidenced by consistent results across the business.
- Provide professional service-delivery and assistance to management across business functions.
- Manage all aspects of IM&S, ensuring applicable standards and compliance requirements are maintained.
- Provide IM&S architecture knowledge liaising with IT to the relevant teams in support of all company projects (including technology projects and system implementations), including planning and coordinating the implementation of information security technologies.
- Working with the IT department, ensure appropriate security monitoring of IT systems is in place and confirm they are maintained to appropriate security standards.
- Lead and conduct reviews of information security arrangements to identify any security threats/weaknesses and suggest appropriate mitigation action to ensure company security standards are maintained.
- Develop, own and maintain information security metrics that measure the effectiveness of the Information Security program.
- Conduct IM&S audits as required by the IM&S policies and in accordance with the company audit plan.
- Lead and conduct business impact assessments to ensure critical processes are identified and business continuity plans are in place.
- Identify, analyse, and manage the remediation of IM&S risks.
- Establish and maintain IM&S documentation and control procedures.
- Monitor changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect information security management and report to the Legal & Security Director.
- Liaise with external auditors and consultants as appropriate on required IM&S and compliance audits and initiatives.
- Provide support to all functions in the business in relation to total records and information management.
- Writing management and IM&S reports and presentations.
- “The role-holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post”.
- Participate and contribute to cross functional projects and initiatives to minimize IM&S risks and ensure achievement of the business objectives.
- Ensure an improved control environment in Guinness Nigeria.
- Ensure the optimization of monetary and support resource use in Guinness Nigeria.
- The role holder will be a key member of the Legal function, represent the Legal function in cross functional meetings and will closely interface with all the Guinness Nigeria functions.
- Lead and drive the DSA IM&S committee as per the company IM&S policy as a key deliverable.
- Drive, embed, support, implement and achieve the strategic plans and objectives of IM&S and the Legal & Finance functions in line with the business strategy.
- Identify new initiatives and proposals, aligned with the Legal & Finance functions strategic plan and the Company’s strategy and values to ensure IM&S and legal & security operates at the heart of the business, as both effective risk managers and business partners.
- Continuously develop technical and managerial skills and acting as a leader and role model in the business.
- Communicate effectively to solve problems and offer solutions across the Business.
- Regular communication, sharing of knowledge and learnings are expected between the team members to ensure cohesion and collaboration within the Legal and Finance functions.
- Build and maintain good relationships with experts in the legal field, and the private sector.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders and partners to drive key business and legal results including relevant Regulators, Government agencies, Business Organisations, external service providers.
- Digitization of Guinness Nigeria records
- Enable the business to achieve its business objectives in a legally compliant way while unlocking commercial opportunity through good practice.
- Preserve value (financial and reputational) by minimising IM&S risks that can cause value leakage and litigation and maintaining compliance with laws and policies.
- Continually seek ways to optimise and improve systems and work processes to drive efficiency and reduce costs including use of technology.
- Ensure that the business receives high quality support to achieve set objectives.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- General Undergraduate Degree
- Proficiency in Information Technology Management and a great interest in developments in this field.
- Project Management Experience – evidence of rolling out complex projects in a large organisation.
- Budget Management experience – proven ability to create and effectively manage department budgets.
- Experience in IM&S, records management and/or archive administration.
- Previous experience of developing and implementing file plans and retention schedules.
- Previous experience of working in a records management position with clear results.
- Understanding of records management and relevant legislation.
- Information Systems.
- Leading and Influencing
- Developing High Performance
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering Value for money
- Making things happen
- Delivering in Partnership - involves Building Strategic Alliances and knowledge and skills to effectively collaborate and engage in internal and external stakeholder analysis and to negotiate agreements and alliances.
- Thinking with Vision - is the ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual, or inductive reasoning or thought processes that are not necessarily categorized by linear thinking.
- Changing with Pace – able to create and manage change. This involves knowledge and skills to manage in the organization through setting direction and urgency, building a coalition of support, communicating widely, handling resistance to change and facilitating implementation of successful change actions.
- Experienced communicator with all levels of stakeholders and audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work well in a small team.
- Aptitude for learning and research to improve IM&S.
- Proactive, open and outward looking attitude.
- Ability to work confidently and stand ground with more senior managers.
- Strong commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work with line manager and others as a team.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to constantly reprioritize and manage expectations from a large and demanding business.
- Inability to contribute towards and work within a team.
- Unwillingness to take and maintain strong positions with senior commercial management.
- Poor and negative attitude.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now