Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is building on over a hundred-year legacy of Heartland Alliance International (HAI); the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years to provide high quality and stigma-free services for all using a tailored human rights-based approach.
The position manages and provides hardware and software maintenance, training and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. The incumbent provides these services in an effective and efficient manner that will ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources. The IT Officer is responsible for the computer systems within the organization, oversees installation, ensures back-up systems operate effectively, makes recommendations for hardware and software, provides ICT technology infrastructures, and contributes to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing ICT Strategy, systems, plans and policies.
- Ensure that IT Strategy incorporates developing effective business solutions with the underlying infrastructure and underpins the organization in delivering appropriate technology enabled solutions as it expands.
- Conceptualize, develop strategy for and oversee the design and implementation of major systems improvements.
- Manage/Oversee multiple, concurrent, and often disparate tasks for projects involving innovative applications and different systems including databases.
- Provide technical and policy advice to leadership and strategic partners on systems development in a changing environment and the implications of various alternatives, as well as on business applications and other related issues.
- Identify and plan for future needs in terms of I.T.
- Develop and disseminate I.T. best practices.
- Manage the establishment and implementation of software development and customization projects.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, or a related field
- Five years’ experience in managing an Information Technology operation is required.
- Considerable experience in the field of information technology, including experience supervising technical staff.
- Thorough knowledge of system development methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Thorough knowledge of computer monitoring systems, vendor-supplied packaged programs, macros, utilities, and other highly technical programs.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to use programming procedures and techniques in the implementation of computer programs.
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now