For 15 years we have been building and managing telecommunications towers that are the essential backbone of mobile telecommunications in Africa - the leapfrog technology driving economic development, prosperity and self-sufficiency across the continent. Right now, IHS is leading a new telecoms service sector driven by the growth of middle class business and consumer demand for mobile and data. We are the partner of choice for Africa’s and the world’s leading network operators because they demand the widest reach and highest reliability for their customers, and the highest standards of governance and operational excellence for themselves. Our long-term contracts and strong sustainable cash flows mean IHS is a unique, low risk entry point for investment in Africa. Over the last four years, IHS has brought over US$5 billion of investment to the continent. Our belief is that the future economic and social development of Africa will be exponentially accelerated by mobile connectivity, and our team of over 1,000 engineers in five countries is focused on making this happen. We are committed to developing our people and the communities we serve, and to help people and businesses across the region build a powerful, prosperous future - by Africa and for Africa. IHS is Africa’s leading mobile infrastructure company. Founded in 2001 by an experienced team of engineers and business people, IHS serves clients responsibly in the building and managing of effective telecommunications infrastructure and by employing the highest quality people, services and equipment.
As Manager, Network Deployment (Fibre Operations), you will manage the deployment of end to end passive and active Fibre networks, proffering Fibre optic network technical solutions and deployment processes to ensure optimal project execution.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close fibre projects across the business.
- Ensure that civil works, equipment installation and integration activities are completed and delivered to time, operational, quality, budget, and performance standards.
- Prepare and manage project plans and implementation schedules using required software.
- Review and monitor Project Implementation Plan (PIP) as submitted by vendors.
- Hold vendors and contractors accountable for delivering to agreed terms and obligations.
- Control the project implementation process.
- Ensure proper quality inspections are carried out and provide vendor evaluations.
- Manage implementation teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produce Project reports and project summary report for customer and internal consumption.
- Ensure the team maintains a proper database of all design, permitting and deployment activities.
- Build and manage the team’s risk management processes and activities.
- Ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) compliance by the service providers vendors.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Principal Specialist, Network Deployment (Fibre Operations)
- Project Management
- Fiber transmission technologies and solutions
- Fiber Optic Implementation
- Reporting, Documentation and Communication
- Materials Planning
- Knowledgeable in HSE regulations
- Proficiency in GIS mapping/applications, Google Earth
- Excel/PowerPoint skills for data analysis & reporting
- Process improvement & Management
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Result Oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in telecommunication, science, engineering or any related discipline and other relevant professional certifications, e.g. PMP and PRINCE2, will be an asset.
- 7 -10 years’ work experience in fiber optic network design, implementation, operational maintenance and managing fibre optic network deployment projects.
- Knowledge and relevant experience in the broadband telecommunications industry transmission networks (SDH/DWDM/OTN), IP/MPLS and Fiber network technologies and solutions will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now