Navanti provides timely and insightful data and analysis that shapes programming and empowers local voices, bringing their concerns, ideas, and knowledge to a broader audience. Its systems inform high quality interventions in rapidly evolving, conflict affected environments, employing an approach to contextual, nuanced data that uncovers and engages local actors and opportunities in need of support, resources and training – to create sustainable and transformative solutions that impact their communities. Navanti offers near-real time understanding of local dynamics, enabling an anticipatory programmatic capacity that takes advantage of near horizon change.
- Navanti is seeking a Media Expert to support the evaluation team in assessing how radio messaging under the SEED Activity influenced listeners' perceptions and attitudes towards participation of marginalized groups in Nigeria’s elections and politics.
- The candidate is expected to identify other methodologies for assessing the effectiveness of radio programming on voters and civic participation in Nigeria. Under the technical leadership of the MEL Support Activity, the Media Expert will work alongside four evaluation team members.
The media expert is expected to:
- Conduct a desk review of the portfolio and the mass media programming used in engaging the citizens.
- Coordinate with the team leader and other team members to develop an evaluation work plan, especially on how to measure the effectiveness of the radio programs, identify key stakeholders, and conduct interviews.
- Work with the team leader to perform desk review and identify additional information about citizens' sensitization using radio and other communication channels.
- Work with the evaluation specialist to design the data collection instruments and ensure it addresses all evaluation objectives.
- Work with the team leader in planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research tools.
- Interpret and analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work with the team leader and other team members in preparing reports.
- Support the team leader in writing or editing technical reports and summaries of findings.
- Support the team leader to develop the draft Evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the Out-brief presentation.
- Work with the team leader to respond to USAID comments on the draft report, incorporate USAID/Nigeria staff comments into the final version of the report, and finalize the report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other's areas of expertise.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience assessing radio programming, conducting listenership survey
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of radio messaging and broadcast in Nigeria media.
- Knowledge of issues relating to voters and civic participation of marginalized groups in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the role of civil society in strengthening citizen participation in Nigeria’s political and electoral processes
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now