Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair. We do it because people with disabilities deserve the same opportunities as everyone else.
About the role
- Sightsavers is looking for a motivated and skilled Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) professional to join the dynamic, global MEL team as the MEL Officer. The post holder will provide MEL support to a portfolio of inclusive health, education and economic empowerment (EE) projects implemented globally.
- Travel to the countries where the projects are operating may be required.
- Working across our inclusive programme, the post-holder will support the country offices in implementing the projects’ MEL plans focusing on analysing programme data; facilitating and documenting learning reviews; coordinating, commissioning learning products; and supporting projects to use evidence to inform adaptations. Working collaboratively with key MEL team members, the post-holder will develop and test MEL tools and practices suitable for inclusive and adaptive programming.
- The post holder will be part of the global MEL team that contributes to the team and organisation learning and support smooth operation across all the team functions as necessary.
Monitoring and Reporting:??
- Conduct/support the design, management, analysis, visualisation and reporting of baseline, quarterly, midline and end line data.
- Support the development and testing of quality assurance tools.
- Conduct/support country teams and project steering committees to use evidence to inform adaptations.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance to country teams and consortium partners in results framework and narrative reporting.
- Support the commissioning of consultants, to ensure good value for money and high standards including observance of Sightsavers’ policies on safeguarding, data protection and ethics.
- Build the evaluation and learning capacity of staff in the project teams, Country Offices and partners and enhance their capacity to utilise evidence from programme data, reviews and evaluations.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the evidence and learning teams to design, package, and disseminate evaluation and learning focused products, especially in projects with a social inclusion aspect.
- Support the implementation and review of the programme learning toolkits including training and support to staff and partners and evaluating use.
- Collating and analysing learnings on the inclusion programme.
- Participate in project steering committees and contribute to the discussions from a MEL perspective (learning and adaptation).
- Plan and facilitate project learning reviews and contribute to programme global learning reviews while contributing to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Support the development of learning reports following quarterly meetings and learning reviews including the dissemination of learning and evidence products.
- Carry out MEL tasks on the other projects as and when required.
- Support the functioning of the Inclusion MEL team and broader global MEL team as required.
The principal accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.??
Travel to countries where the programme is running will be an essential part of the role. There may be expectation to travel up to eight weeks a year locally and internationally.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social science subject (international development/relations, sociology, education, monitoring and evaluation, disability studies, statistics, or gender studies)??
- Experience of using online or mobile survey and data collection tools such as Comm Care and Kobo????
- Working experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning in health and or education projects.????
- Previous experience working with inclusive data.??
- Understanding and knowledge of adaptive management??
- Experience of liaising with, and managing relationships with external organisations, teams and individuals.??
- A Master’s degree in relevant field??
- Working experience of working in disability inclusion programmes??
- Understanding the use of Washington Group questions.?
- Experience in developmental evaluation??
- Undertaking MEL approaches suitable for adaptive management.??
- Working effectively within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in multi country locations??
- Experience in conducting learning reviews and producing a range of polished written products in English for technical and general audiences.?
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now