We are a social business committed to energy access and digital access in Africa. We make accessible to all innovative products that meet the needs of local populations to change their life. Baobab+ is available in Senegal, Mali, Madagascar and Ivory Coast. Baobab+ is part of Baobab Group, a digital finance group specializing in financial inclusion in 9 countries in Africa and China.
Key Deliverables Responsibilities
- Resolve Regional network performance issues.
- Case handling upon fault escalation received from Service desk/Regional IT Supports
- Support the Regional IT Supports Team to handle fault escalation, troubleshooting and performance improvement tasks.
- Handle regular and ad-hoc network infrastructure-related activities according to Standard Operating procedures and SOP.
- Deliver high-quality technical service to assist branches in network troubleshooting, project implementation, day to day network operation within Nigeria
- Ensure technical design/IP Schemes documentation and relevant changes are up to date, all documents are properly maintained under the designated location
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other network-related issues on Cisco Meraki and networking equipment.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Work with IT Leadership team to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay updated on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
- Making sure that the networks are protected from malware and viruses, identifying areas that might be under threat and areas where security can be improved, and keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber threats.
- Installing and maintaining firewalls, establishing and maintaining company-wide access policies to the internet.
- Performing analysis and collecting data to establish the potential for improvements within the communication networks.
- Working with third-party providers to keep the networks running efficiently.
- Ensure deployment and functionality of Network Monitoring tools.
- BSc. Computer Science / Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Strong 5 years’ hands-on experience in Core networking in middle-large Internet Service Provider/Fintech/Switching/aggregator/integrator/Cloud Hosting provider environment.
- Fundamental understanding and hands-on experience with network technologies, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, Ethernet, Layer 2 & 3 network management etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers, Radius Server, One-Login, Palo Alto, AWS Networking (is required).
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks.
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking-related problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and find solutions during complex situations
- Cisco CMNA – Certified Meraki Networking Associate required.
- Cisco CCNA certification is required.
- Candidates with CCNP certification will be given an advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now