Ericsson (Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson) is a Swedish multinational provider of communications technology and services. The offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for telecom operators and other industries, including telecommunications and IP networking equipment, mobile and fixed broadband, operations and business support solutions, cable TV, IPTV, video systems, and an extensive services operation. Ericsson has a market share of 35% (in 2012) in the 2G/3G/4G mobile network infrastructure market. Ericsson is a strong holder of essential patents in the wireless industry and have approximately 35,000 granted patents in 2012. Ericsson complies with terms that are fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) for its patent licensing programs and is a net receiver of licensing royalties. Founded in 1876 by Lars Magnus Ericsson, the company is today headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. The company employs more than 110,000 and work with customers in more than 180 countries, including the US, China, India, Brazil, Japan, South Africa, Australia, Germany, Italy, the UK, and Sweden.
The primary function of this role is to provide expert-level support of Ericsson packet core nodes. Highly specialized in providing technical & proactive support to the customer network. Call out and liaise with Vendors & service providers for 4th line support until resolution. Support the provision of accurate reporting on the network to Ericsson teams, Vendors, and Customers, supplying technical/statistical data as required.
What You Will Do
- Perform maintenance, daily health checks, and solving of all packet core and Enterprise data network service nodes (MME, MPG, PCRF, DNS).
- Designing, and solving Core Network platforms and applications that provide Data services.
- Interacts with multiple Engineering, Operations & QA teams in designing robust network solutions.
- Define technical requirements for core network elements and work effectively with solution teams in designing solutions on existing products.
- Support deployment of major hardware and software upgrades working with the project team to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves.
- Work with the Performance teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platforms and drive corrective actions with stakeholders to resolve any identified degradation.
- Identifying improvements in processes, tools and products and establishing good working relationships with support organization
- Experience working on any of the Packet core network elements such as PGW, PCRF, MME, SGW, DNS, AAA, HLR/HSS, DRA, etc with vast use of protocol analyzers and solving tools such as Wireshark.
- Perform required maintenance, expansion, and upgrade of H/W & S/W and solve on critical issues.
- Integrate new network communication devices, topologies, hardware and protocols into existing network management systems continuously.
- Liaise with Network Engineers within the organization which includes MPLS unit, Charging Units and Radio Access Unit ensuring that all faults are resolved.
- Responsible for providing feedback to the planning to ensure robust design and redundancy, performance tracking and statistical KPI analysis for the long-term strategic evolution of the network.
- Maintain End-to-end internal Data security on the Packet Core / Enterprise Data Network.
- Continual Constructive criticism of existing infrastructure with visible plans for improvement.
- Ensure Key work is met: MTTR, Availability.
- Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status and completed equipment installations.
- Interpret Customer’s Business Needs and Articulate/Demonstrate How Ericsson’s ICT Services Can Benefit the Customer and Address Their Needs.
- Solving Packet switching network, signaling, telecom standards and implementation and maintenance for IP Network & Packet Core equipment: PGW_SGW etc.
- Physical solving of Packet Core nodes and involved in changing specific hardware parts if any fault is developed
- 2nd level support for GPRS nodes from UE to the internet on the network.
You will bring
- BSC/HND or equivalent experience within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of general Packet Core solutions for 2G, 3G and LTE
- Knowledge of Packet Core Nodes like SGSN-MME, GGSN, PCRF, SGW/PGW
- Understanding of dimensioning guidelines for Packet Core Nodes
- GPRS, WCDMA, LTE Media and Signaling Interfaces (including 3GPP and non-3GPP)
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies (call flow), related protocols and telecommunication standards like 3GPP
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting.
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a multifaceted environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly driven industry
- Relevant certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MTA, MCSA, AWS, etc is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now